Robert A Emmons
Affiliation: University of California
- Gratitude as a psychotherapeutic interventionRobert A Emmons
Department of Psychology, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Clin Psychol 69:846-55. 2013..We conclude by describing ways in which gratitude might be capitalized upon for beneficial outcomes in therapeutic settings. ..
- The psychology of religionRobert A Emmons
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Annu Rev Psychol 54:377-402. 2003..Movement away from the previously dominant measurement paradigm is noted, and particularly promising directions suggestive of an emerging interdisciplinary paradigm are described...
- Counting blessings versus burdens: an experimental investigation of gratitude and subjective well-being in daily lifeRobert A Emmons
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 84:377-89. 2003..The effect on positive affect appeared to be the most robust finding. Results suggest that a conscious focus on blessings may have emotional and interpersonal benefits...
- Gratitude in intermediate affective terrain: links of grateful moods to individual differences and daily emotional experienceMichael E McCullough
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124 0751, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:295-309. 2004..In addition, gratitude as an affective trait appeared to render participants' grateful moods somewhat resistant to the effects of discrete emotional episodes of gratitude...
- The grateful disposition: a conceptual and empirical topographyMichael E McCullough
Department of Psychology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas 75275 0442, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 82:112-27. 2002..Neuroticism/negative affectivity, and Agreeableness. The development of the Gratitude Questionnaire, a unidimensional measure with good psychometric properties, is also described...
- Measuring gratitude in youth: assessing the psychometric properties of adult gratitude scales in children and adolescentsJeffrey J Froh
Department of Psychology, Hofstra University, 210 Hauser Hall, Hempstead, New York 11549, USA
Psychol Assess 23:311-24. 2011..The relationships with negative affect and depression scores, however, seemed dependent on the child's age. Pending results from subsequent research recommendations for researchers interested in studying gratitude in youth are offered...
- Relational humility: conceptualizing and measuring humility as a personality judgmentDon E Davis
Department of Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284 2018, USA
J Pers Assess 93:225-34. 2011..In Study 5 (N = 163), we adduced evidence of discriminant and incremental validity of the RHS compared with the Honesty-Humility subscale of the HEXACO-PI (Lee & Ashton, 2004)...
- Narcissists as "Victims": the role of narcissism in the perception of transgressionsMichael E McCullough
University of Miami, Coral, Gables, FL 33124 2070, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 29:885-93. 2003..The exploitiveness/entitlement dimension of narcissism may be particularly useful for explaining why narcissistic people report higher rates of interpersonal transgressions in their daily lives...