Mahmoud A ElSohly
Affiliation: University of Mississippi
- El Sohafy S, Metwally A, Omar A, Amer M, Radwan M, Abdel Kader M, et al. Cornigerin, a new sesqui-lignan from the hepatoprotective fractions of Cynara cornigera L. Fitoterapia. 2016;115:101-105 pubmed publisher..This is the first report for the isolation of 8 and 9 from this plant. ..
- ElSohly M, Mehmedic Z, Foster S, Gon C, Chandra S, Church J. Changes in Cannabis Potency Over the Last 2 Decades (1995-2014): Analysis of Current Data in the United States. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;79:613-9 pubmed publisher..There is a shift in the production of illicit cannabis plant material from regular marijuana to sinsemilla. This increase in potency poses higher risk of cannabis use, particularly among adolescents. ..
- ElSohly M, Radwan M, Gul W, Chandra S, Galal A. Phytochemistry of Cannabis sativa L. Prog Chem Org Nat Prod. 2017;103:1-36 pubmed publisher..In addition, techniques for isolation of cannabis constituents and analytical methods used for qualitative and quantitative analysis of cannabis and its products are also reviewed. ..
- Chandra S, Lata H, ElSohly M, Walker L, Potter D. Cannabis cultivation: Methodological issues for obtaining medical-grade product. Epilepsy Behav. 2017;70:302-312 pubmed publisher..Improvements in phytocannabinoid yields and growing efficiency are expected as research continues at these institutions. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "Cannabinoids and Epilepsy". ..
- Ibrahim M, Eissa I, Abdallah A, Metwaly A, Radwan M, ElSohly M. Design, synthesis, molecular modeling and anti-hyperglycemic evaluation of novel quinoxaline derivatives as potential PPAR? and SUR agonists. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:1496-1513 pubmed publisher..92 and 0.98?M, respectively. Furthermore, molecular docking and pharmacophore generation techniques were carried out to investigate binding patterns and fit values of the designed compounds with PPAR? and SUR, respectively. ..
- Miousse I, Skinner C, Lin H, Ewing L, Kosanke S, Williams D, et al. Safety assessment of the dietary supplement OxyELITEâ„¢ Pro (New Formula) in inbred and outbred mouse strains. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109:194-209 pubmed publisher..These findings bolster safety and efficacy concerns for OEP-NF, and argue strongly for implementation of pre-market toxicity studies within the dietary supplement industry. ..