Gary L Ellison
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Secular changes in colorectal cancer incidence by subsite, stage at diagnosis, and race/ethnicity, 1992-2001Rosemary D Cress
California Cancer Registry, Public Health Institute, Sacramento, 95815, USA
Cancer 107:1142-52. 2006..We evaluated recent trends in colorectal cancer incidence in the United States by subsite and stage at diagnosis...
- A randomized trial comparing web-based decision aids on prostate cancer knowledge for African-American menGary L Ellison
Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:1139-45. 2008..Few decision aids are tailored for African-American men. We sought to determine if web-based decision aids increased knowledge of prostate cancer screening among African men...
- Analysis of Maryland cancer patient participation in National Cancer Institute-supported cancer treatment clinical trialsClaudia R Baquet
Department of Internal Medicine, Office of Policy and Planning, the University of Maryland Comprehensive Center for Health Disparities Research, Outreach, and Training, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:120-34. 2009....
- Epigenetic Contributions to the Relationship between Cancer and Dietary Intake of Nutrients, Bioactive Food Components, and Environmental ToxicantsL Joseph Su
Modifiable Risk Factors Branch, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute Bethesda, MD, USA
Front Genet 2:91. 2011..Additional epidemiologic research is needed to clarify the relationship between these complex epigenetic mechanisms and cancer...
- Analysis of Maryland cancer patient participation in national cancer institute-supported cancer treatment clinical trialsClaudia R Baquet
University of Maryland School of Medicine, 685 West Baltimore St, Suite 618, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3380-6. 2008....
- Cancer and environment: definitions and misconceptionsLaura A McGuinn
Epidemiology and Genomics Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Environ Res 112:230-4. 2012..The current review aims to determine how the reporting of the definition of the environment and of the estimates of environmentally attributable risks have changed over the past 50 years...
- Breast cancer epidemiology in blacks and whites: disparities in incidence, mortality, survival rates and histologyClaudia R Baquet
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:480-8. 2008..This study presents black-white breast cancer statistics, tumor histology and receptor status, and treatment patterns for all ages and by age groups (< 40, 40-49, and > or = 50)...
- Stress, coping, social support, and prostate cancer risk among older African American and Caucasian menAnn L Coker
University of Texas Houston School of Public Health at Houston, Division of Epidemiology, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ethn Dis 16:978-87. 2006..The purpose of this analysis was to investigate the association between stress, coping, social support, and risk of prostate cancer among older men (age 65-79 years)...
- Associations of subsite-specific colorectal cancer incidence rates and stage of disease at diagnosis with county-level poverty, by race and sexXiaocheng Wu
Louisiana Tumor Registry, Epidemiology Program, School of Public Health, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
Cancer 107:1121-7. 2006..This study examined associations of subsite-specific colorectal cancer incidence rates and stage of the disease with county-level poverty...
- Racial differences in the receipt of bowel surveillance following potentially curative colorectal cancer surgeryGary L Ellison
Macro International, QRC Division, Bethesda, MD 20814 3202, USA
Health Serv Res 38:1885-903. 2003..To investigate racial differences in posttreatment bowel surveillance after colorectal cancer surgery in a large population of Medicare patients...