G K Ellis
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Phase III comparison of standard doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide versus weekly doxorubicin and daily oral cyclophosphamide plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor as neoadjuvant therapy for inflammatory and locally advanced breast cancer: SWOG 0012Georgiana K Ellis
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Ave East, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1014-21. 2011..All patients had subsequent weekly paclitaxel for 12 weeks before surgery...
- Infusional paclitaxel and weekly vinorelbine chemotherapy with concurrent filgrastim for metastatic breast cancer: high complete response rate in a phase I-II study of doxorubicin-treated patientsG K Ellis
Division of Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6043, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:1407-12. 1999..All patients received scheduled support with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF; filgrastim). Tumor response, toxicity, time to progression (TTP), and survival were assessed...
- Effect of denosumab on bone mineral density in women receiving adjuvant aromatase inhibitors for non-metastatic breast cancer: subgroup analyses of a phase 3 studyGeorgiana K Ellis
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Avenue East, Mail Stop G3 200, Seattle, WA, 98109 1023, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:81-7. 2009..Most increases were statistically significant (P < 0.05). Twice-yearly administration of denosumab, regardless of patient subgroup or skeletal site, resulted in consistent increases in BMD versus placebo at 12 and 24 months...
- Randomized trial of denosumab in patients receiving adjuvant aromatase inhibitors for nonmetastatic breast cancerGeorgiana K Ellis
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4875-82. 2008..We investigated the ability of denosumab, a fully human monoclonal antibody against receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand, to protect against aromatase inhibitor-induced bone loss...
- Dose-dense anthracycline-based chemotherapy for node-positive breast cancerGeorgiana K Ellis
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington, and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, Seattle, WA
J Clin Oncol 20:3637-43. 2002..We studied a dose-dense combination of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide, with or without fluorouracil, as adjuvant therapy...
- Dose-intensive vinorelbine with concurrent granulocyte colony-stimulating factor support in paclitaxel-refractory metastatic breast cancerR B Livingston
Division of Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6043, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:1395-400. 1997..Objective tumor response, DDI, and toxicity were assessed, as well as time to progression (TTP) and survival...
- Tumor metabolism and blood flow changes by positron emission tomography: relation to survival in patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced breast cancerLisa K Dunnwald
Department of Bioengineering, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4449-57. 2008..Serial positron emission tomography (PET) has been shown to predict pathologic response in this setting. We evaluated serial quantitative PET tumor blood flow (BF) and metabolism as in vivo measurements to predict patient outcome...
- Potential of chemotherapy-herb interactions in adult cancer patientsJeannine S McCune
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Support Care Cancer 12:454-62. 2004....
- Changes in blood flow and metabolism in locally advanced breast cancer treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyDavid A Mankoff
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Nucl Med 44:1806-14. 2003..To characterize in vivo tumor biology in patients with LABC, we performed serial measurements of blood flow and glucose metabolism in LABC patients over the course of neoadjuvant chemotherapy and compared measurements with response...
- [Tc-99m]-sestamibi uptake and washout in locally advanced breast cancer are correlated with tumor blood flowDavid A Mankoff
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Nucl Med Biol 29:719-27. 2002..To determine the influence of breast tumor blood flow on MIBI kinetics, we compared MIBI uptake and washout to [O-15]-water PET estimates of blood flow in patients with locally advanced breast cancer...
- Blood flow and metabolism in locally advanced breast cancer: relationship to response to therapyDavid A Mankoff
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Box 346113, University of Washington, 1959 E Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Nucl Med 43:500-9. 2002....
- Evaluation of the internal mammary lymph nodes by FDG-PET in locally advanced breast cancer (LABC)Jennifer R Bellon
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 27:407-10. 2004..FDG-PET appears to be a useful noninvasive modality to detect IM metastases in LABC. Pathologic verification in a prospective study is necessary to confirm these findings...
- Quantitative fluoroestradiol positron emission tomography imaging predicts response to endocrine treatment in breast cancerHannah M Linden
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2793-9. 2006..We tested the ability of FES-PET imaging to predict response to salvage hormonal treatment in heavily pretreated metastatic breast cancer patients, predominantly treated with aromatase inhibitors...
- Serial 2-[18F] fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) to monitor treatment of bone-dominant metastatic breast cancer predicts time to progression (TTP)Jennifer M Specht
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Avenue E, G3 200, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 105:87-94. 2007..Our goal was to evaluate the prognostic power of serial FDG PET in BD breast cancer patients undergoing treatment...
- 18fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography to detect mediastinal or internal mammary metastases in breast cancerW B Eubank
Department of Radiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3516-23. 2001....
- Residual tumor uptake of [99mTc]-sestamibi after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced breast carcinoma predicts survivalLisa K Dunnwald
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Cancer 103:680-8. 2005..Given the association between MIBI uptake and tumor blood flow, this prognostic capability may be related to retained tumor vascularity after treatment...
- HER-2 testing in breast cancer using parallel tissue-based methodsHadi Yaziji
PhenoPath Laboratories, Seattle, Wash 98103, USA
JAMA 291:1972-7. 2004..Successful quality control and quality assurance programs are a prerequisite for such approaches...
- Myalgias and arthralgias associated with paclitaxelJulie A Garrison
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, Washington, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:271-7; discussion 281-2, 286-8. 2003....
- Amphiphysin paraneoplastic syndrome: a delayed diagnosis of breast carcinomaDianne Georgian-Smith
Department of Radiology, Breast Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Breast J 9:316-8. 2003..We advocate routine screening and physical examination in all patients, even in the presence of perplexing clinical symptoms...