Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Leptin and leptin receptor gene polymorphisms and increases in body mass index (BMI) from olanzapine treatment in persons with schizophreniaVicki L Ellingrod
Department of Psychiatry in the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy and College of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 40:57-62. 2007..The objective of the current investigation was to determine the relationship between polymorphisms of the leptin system (leptin gene and leptin receptor) and olanzapine-induced weight gain in persons with schizophrenia...
- Risk factors associated with metabolic syndrome in bipolar and schizophrenia subjects treated with antipsychotics: the role of folate pharmacogeneticsVicki L Ellingrod
Department of Clinical Social and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 32:261-5. 2012..Use of this information clinically may help to reduce the risk for AAP metabolic complications in those whose clinical care necessitates the use of AAPs...
- Metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance in schizophrenia patients receiving antipsychotics genotyped for the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) 677C/T and 1298A/C variantsVicki L Ellingrod
University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Medicine, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Schizophr Res 98:47-54. 2008....
- Dietary, lifestyle and pharmacogenetic factors associated with arteriole endothelial-dependent vasodilatation in schizophrenia patients treated with atypical antipsychotics (AAPs)Vicki L Ellingrod
University of Michigan, College of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Social and Administrative Sciences, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Schizophr Res 130:20-6. 2011..This study examined the status of endothelial function within the schizophrenia population and determined pharmacogenetic, medication, dietary, and lifestyle factors associated with this functioning...
- The relationship between P-glycoprotein (PGP) polymorphisms and response to olanzapine treatment in schizophreniaYing Chi Lin
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Ther Drug Monit 28:668-72. 2006..The PGP C3435T genotype may help to determine positive symptom reduction from olanzapine clinically, but these findings should be replicated in a larger sample of subjects...
- Antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemiaJolene R Bostwick
Department of Clinical, Social, and Administrative Sciences, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:64-73. 2009..Additional research is needed to clarify the appropriate level of monitoring, the long-term effects, and the optimal treatment of antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia...
- Pharmacogenetics of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and associated adverse drug reactionsKelan L H Thomas
Clinical Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1065, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:822-31. 2009..As we appreciate the many pharmacologic mechanisms related to adverse drug reactions and gain polymorphic functional data, we will have opportunities to refine hypotheses for future pharmacogenetic association analyses...
- Association analysis of the metabotropic glutamate receptor type 3 gene (GRM3) with schizophreniaJeffrey R Bishop
Psychiatr Genet 17:358. 2007
- Pilot study of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (C825T) polymorphism and clinical response to olanzapine or olanzapine-related weight gain in persons with schizophreniaJeffrey R Bishop
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Sci Monit 12:BR47-50. 2006..The purpose of this investigation was examine associations between the second messenger G-Protein Beta3 Subunit Gene (GNB3) C825T polymorphism and olanzapine response and weight gain treatment...
- Association between the polymorphic GRM3 gene and negative symptom improvement during olanzapine treatmentJeffrey R Bishop
University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, Clinical and Administrative Division, S413 Pharmacy Building, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Schizophr Res 77:253-60. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine whether a pharmacogenetic relationship exists between six polymorphisms of GRM3 and clinical improvement during olanzapine treatment in persons with schizophrenia...
- The association of weight gain and olanzapine plasma concentrationsPaul J Perry
Department of Clinical and Administrative Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:250-4. 2005..The association of weight gain with plasma concentrations during treatment with olanzapine may support the utilization of plasma drug concentration as a marker for antipsychotic-induced weight gain in the treatment of schizophrenia...
- Weight gain associated with the -759C/T polymorphism of the 5HT2C receptor and olanzapineVicki L Ellingrod
University of Iowa, College of Pharmacy, Iowa, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 134:76-8. 2005..Weight gain from atypical antipsychotic use has become a significant problem. Recent reports have liked the -759 polymorphism of the 5HT2C receptor and obesity as well as weight gain from chlorpromazine, risperidone, and clozapine...
- Clozapine-induced weight gain associated with the 5HT2C receptor -759C/T polymorphismDel D Miller
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1000, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 133:97-100. 2005..Subjects without the -759T variant allele were at a greater risk for weight gain from clozapine over 6-months compared to those with the -759T allele...
- CYP2D6 polymorphisms and atypical antipsychotic weight gainVicki L Ellingrod
College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Psychiatr Genet 12:55-8. 2002..This may be due to increased olanzapine concentrations leading to increased exposure, which may trigger AAP weight gain...
- Abnormal movements and tardive dyskinesia in smokers and nonsmokers with schizophrenia genotyped for cytochrome P450 2D6Vicki L Ellingrod
College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:1416-9. 2002..To investigate the relationships between cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2D6 genotype, antipsychotic drug exposure, abnormal movements and tardive dyskinesia, and cigarette smoking...
- Distribution of the serotonin 2C (5HT2C) receptor gene -759C/T polymorphism in patients with schizophrenia and normal controlsVicki L Ellingrod
College of Pharmacy, Clinical and Administrative Division, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Psychiatr Genet 14:93-5. 2004....
- 5HT2A and 5HT2C receptor polymorphisms and predicting clinical response to olanzapine in schizophreniaVicki L Ellingrod
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:622-4. 2002
- 5-HT2A receptor promoter polymorphism, -1438G/A and negative symptom response to olanzapine in schizophreniaVicki L Ellingrod
Clinical and Administrative Division, University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 37:109-12. 2003..We conclude that the A/A genotype may be associated with olanzapine negative symptom response, seen as a 2-fold greater percent reduction in SANS, and may be clinically relevant...
- C3435T mutation in exon 26 of the human MDR1 gene and cyclosporine pharmacokinetics in healthy subjectsDavid I Min
Division of Clinical and Administrative Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, The University of Iowa, 118 Pharmacy Building, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Ther Drug Monit 24:400-4. 2002..There were no statistical differences in cyclosporine pharmacokinetics among different MDR1 genotypes in these 14 healthy subjects...
- The influence of cognitive impairment and behavioral dysregulation on daily functioning in the nursing home settingSusan K Schultz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, 52242 1000, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:582-4. 2003..The influence of psychiatric symptoms and cognitive impairment on daily living skills was explored in a series of nursing home residents. Three categories of symptoms were examined: behavioral disturbances, depression, and delusions...
- The influence of cognitive impairment and psychiatric symptoms on daily functioning in nursing facilities: a longitudinal studySusan K Schultz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, 500 Newton Road, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1000, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 14:209-13. 2002..These findings may have implications for treatment interventions that seek to enhance functioning in the skilled nursing setting...
- Serotonin 2A -1438 G/A and G-protein Beta3 subunit C825T polymorphisms in patients with depression and SSRI-associated sexual side-effectsJeffrey R Bishop
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:2281-8. 2006..6; p=0.046). Furthermore, the 5HT2A -1438 GG genotype was a significant predictor of lower arousal scores (p=0.022) after accounting for other measures. There was no significant relationship between any outcome measure and GNB3 genotype...
- Phobic anxiety in late-life in relationship to cognition and 5HTTLPR polymorphismSusan K Schultz
Psychiatr Genet 15:305-6. 2005..However, in this sample we did not detect a significant association between phobic anxiety and the 5HTTLPR genotype. The interaction between age-related changes in cognition and anxiety remain an important area for future studies...
- Neuropsychiatric pharmacogenetics: moving toward a comprehensive understanding of predicting risks and responseJeffrey R Bishop
University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, Clinical and Administrative Division, S413 Pharmacy Building, Iowa City, IA 52242 1112, USA
Pharmacogenomics 5:463-77. 2004....
- CYP3A5 polymorphism and the ethnic differences in cyclosporine pharmacokinetics in healthy subjectsDavid I Min
Division of Clinical and Administrative Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Ther Drug Monit 26:524-8. 2004..In conclusion, the CYP3A5*3C polymorphism appears to affect AUC and CL/F of oral CsA significantly in healthy subjects, which may partly explain some of the differences of pharmacokinetics in CsA between African Americans and whites...
- Comparison of risperidone with olanzapine in elderly patients with dementia and psychosisVicki L Ellingrod
College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:1-5. 2002..To compare the effects of risperidone and olanzapine on cognition in elderly patients with dementia and psychosis, and to compare the side effects of these drugs...