Brett M Elicker
Affiliation: University of California
- Thoracic CT findings of novel influenza A (H1N1) infection in immunocompromised patientsBrett M Elicker
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, P O Box 0628, San Francisco, CA, 94143, USA
Emerg Radiol 17:299-307. 2010..A subset of patients with novel influenza A (H1N1) will show findings not typical of viral infection...
- Progression of native lung fibrosis in lung transplant recipients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisBrett M Elicker
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Respir Med 104:426-33. 2010..To determine whether this regimen of high dose immunosuppression would arrest the progression of fibrosis, the high-resolution chest CT scans (HRCTs) of these patients were reviewed...
- IV contrast administration for CT: a survey of practices for the screening and prevention of contrast nephropathyBrett M Elicker
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Rm M 391, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1651-8. 2006..We surveyed radiologists to identify the current practice patterns and to determine those areas in which guidelines are most needed...
- Assessment of acute myocardial infarction using MDCT after percutaneous coronary intervention: comparison with MRILoic Boussel
Department of Radiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:441-7. 2008....
- Cleaved cytokeratin-18 is a mechanistically informative biomarker in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisSeung Ick Cha
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
Respir Res 13:105. 2012....
- Rheumatoid arthritis-associated interstitial lung disease: radiologic identification of usual interstitial pneumonia patternDeborah Assayag
From the Departments of Medicine D A, T E K, H R C, J S L and Radiology B M E, T H U, University of California, San Francisco, Calif Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Ariz T V C Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea B H K, D S K and Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn J H R
Radiology 270:583-8. 2014..To determine the accuracy of computed tomography (CT) in identifying the histopathologic usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP) pattern in rheumatoid arthritis-associated interstitial lung disease (RA-ILD)...
- A multidimensional index and staging system for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisBrett Ley
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0111, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Ann Intern Med 156:684-91. 2012..Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a progressive fibrotic lung disease with an overall poor prognosis. A simple-to-use staging system for IPF may improve prognostication, help guide management, and facilitate research...
- Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the lung: radiologic features of an uncommon primary pulmonary neoplasmJoseph M Hoxworth
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Room M 391, Box 0628, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1294-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to review the chest radiographic, CT, and MRI appearances of primary pulmonary lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma (LELC)...
- Lung mast cell density defines a subpopulation of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisSeung Ick Cha
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, CA 94143 0111, USA
Histopathology 61:98-106. 2012..This study was performed to characterize the relationship of mast cells to fibrotic lung diseases...
- Acute chest pain with normal coronary angiogram: role of contrast-enhanced multidetector computed tomography in the differential diagnosis between myocarditis and myocardial infarctionLoic Boussel
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 32:228-32. 2008..To evaluate the accuracy of delayed-enhanced multidetector computed tomography (MSCT) for differentiating between myocarditis and myocardial infarction in patients with normal x-ray coronary angiography...
- Atypical rounded atelectasis: diagnosis and management based on results of F-18 FDG positron emission tomographyNorna Ludeman
Division of Thoracic Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, and San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Clin Nucl Med 30:734-5. 2005
- Rapidly progressive pulmonary venoocclusive disease in young women taking oral contraceptivesAnatoly Urisman
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0102, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 31:1031-6. 2012..The temporal sequence in these 2 patients suggests the thrombogenic action of OCs may contribute to the development of PVOD, with or without underlying connective tissue disease...
- Heart as a source of stroke: imaging evaluation with computed tomographyJonathan H Chung
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Thorac Imaging 27:W52-60. 2012....
- Dynamic evaluation of a quadricuspid aortic valve with coronary computed tomography angiographyGiuseppe Cannavale
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Thorac Imaging 27:W46-7. 2012..In addition, a dilated ascending thoracic aorta (4.7 cm) was revealed. On the basis of these findings, the patient was treated surgically with a composite valve graft replacement of his aortic root...
- Gastroesophageal reflux therapy is associated with longer survival in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisJoyce S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1390-4. 2011..Gastroesophageal reflux (GER) is highly prevalent in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Chronic microaspiration secondary to GER may play a role in the pathogenesis and natural history of IPF...
- Cough predicts prognosis in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisChristopher J Ryerson
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Respirology 16:969-75. 2011..The clinical associations and prognostic value of cough in IPF have not been adequately described. The objective of this study was to describe the characteristics and prognostic value of cough in IPF...
- Increased mortality of ventilated patients with endotracheal Pseudomonas aeruginosa without clinical signs of infectionHanjing Zhuo
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 36:2495-503. 2008..To investigate the frequency and outcomes of ventilated patients with newly acquired large burdens of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and to test the hypothesis that large quantities of bacteria are associated with adverse patient outcomes...
- High-resolution CT of the lung: patterns of disease and differential diagnosesMichael B Gotway
Department of Radiology, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California at San Francisco, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Room 1X 55, Box 1325, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 43:513-42, viii. 2005..With the proper foundation, a pattern approach to HRCT interpretation may then be used successfully to provide accurate and reproducible interpretation...