Affiliation: University of Florida
- A follow-up study of beliefs held by parents of children with pervasive developmental delayJ H Elder
College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 14:55-60. 2001..Little is known about the effects of parental beliefs on children with disorders such as pervasive developmental delay (PDD)...
- Effects of in-home training for culturally diverse fathers of children with autismJennifer H Elder
JHMHC UF College of Nursing, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 24:273-95. 2003..Results of this study are promising, demonstrating the value of single subject experimental methods in characterizing and beginning to understand complex father-child interactions in autism and related child psychiatric disorders...
- Evaluating in-home training for fathers of children with autism using single-subject experimentation and group analysis methodsJennifer H Elder
University of Florida College of Nursing, Gainesville, USA
Nurs Res 54:22-32. 2005..Yet, to date, most of what is known comes solely from studying mothers, who have traditionally been the most accessible parent...
- The gluten-free, casein-free diet in autism: results of a preliminary double blind clinical trialJennifer Harrison Elder
College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32610, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 36:413-20. 2006..Although preliminary, this study demonstrates how a controlled clinical trial of the GFCF diet can be conducted, and suggests directions for future research...
- The gluten-free, casein-free diet in autism: an overview with clinical implicationsJennifer Harrison Elder
University of Florida, College of Nursing, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 23:583-8. 2008....
- Caring for children with autism spectrum disorder. Part I: prevalence, etiology, and core featuresMelissa Dodd Inglese
University of Florida, College of Nursing, Psychiatry, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 24:41-8. 2009..A basic understanding of the current issues regarding prevalence and etiology, coupled with knowledge of the core features of ASD, will help pediatric nurses in all settings and at various practice levels better care for these children...
- Supporting families of children with autism spectrum disorders: questions parents ask and what nurses need to knowJennifer Harrison Elder
Department of Health Care Environment and Systems College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Pediatr Nurs 35:240-5, 253. 2009..Additionally, nurses can support families in the critical areas of managing family life, addressing sibling needs, and planning for the future. Parent-to-parent advice from the mother of a child with autism supplements this article...
- Diet and child behavior problems: fact or fiction?Eileen Cormier
Florida State University College of Nursing, Tallahassee, USA
Pediatr Nurs 33:138-43. 2007....
- Fathers as in-home trainers of autistic childrenJennifer Elder; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..