Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Novel DNA copy number losses in chromosome 12q12--q13 in adenoid cystic carcinomaW El-Rifai
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, 22908 0708, USA
Neoplasia 3:173-8. 2001..These results indicate that DNA copy number losses in 12q may be important in the oncogenesis of ACC and suggest that the 12q12--q13 region may harbor a new tumor-suppressor gene...
- Genetic differences between adenocarcinomas arising in Barrett's esophagus and gastric mucosaW El-Rifai
Digestive Health Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0708, USA
Gastroenterology 121:592-8. 2001..This study aimed at defining critical molecular abnormalities that may underlie differences between BA+ and gastric adenocarcinomas...
- Expression profiling of gastric adenocarcinoma using cDNA arrayW El-Rifai
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health Systems, Charlottesville, VA 22908-0708, USA
Int J Cancer 92:832-8. 2001..Our approach revealed that several genes are abnormally expressed in gastric cancer and found that genes known to interact in several common molecular pathway(s) were consistently altered...
- Inactivation of the E-cadherin gene in sporadic diffuse-type gastric cancerJ J Ascaño
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Mod Pathol 14:942-9. 2001..Germline E-cadherin alterations, although rare, may underlie some diffuse gastric cancer cases that have important biologic and practical implications..
- A novel method for gene expression mapping of metastatic competence in human bladder cancerZ Wu
Department of Molecular Physiology, Box 422, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Neoplasia 8:181-9. 2006..In summary, we show that gene expression changes during bladder cancer lung metastasis occur nonrandomly in specific chromosomes and intrachromosomal locations...
- Molecular targets for tumour progression in gastrointestinal stromal tumoursN Koon
Digestive Health Center of Excellence, University of Virginia Health System, PO Box 800708, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0708, USA
Gut 53:235-40. 2004..In order to define genetic biomarkers and identify target genes related to GIST progression, we analysed and compared benign and malignant GISTs with verified follow up data using cDNA expression arrays...