Anthony B El-Khoueiry
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The effects of liver impairment on the pharmacokinetics of brivanib, a dual inhibitor of fibroblast growth factor receptor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinasesAnthony El-Khoueiry
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Suite 3440, Los Angeles, CA, 90033, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:53-64. 2013..This phase I study compared the pharmacokinetics of brivanib in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and varying levels of hepatic impairment with those with non-HCC malignancies and normal liver function...
- SWOG 0514: a phase II study of sorafenib in patients with unresectable or metastatic gallbladder carcinoma and cholangiocarcinomaAnthony B El-Khoueiry
University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Suite 3459, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:1646-51. 2012..Based on the role of the Ras-Raf-Mek-Erk pathway and the VEGF axis in biliary carcinomas, we conducted a phase II study of sorafenib in patients with advanced biliary cancers...
- A randomized phase II of gemcitabine and sorafenib versus sorafenib alone in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancerA B El-Khoueiry
Division of Medical Oncology, Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Suite 3440, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:1175-83. 2012..The role of the Ras-Raf-MAPK pathway and of vascular endothelial growth factor in pancreatic carcinogenesis provided the rational to evaluate the efficacy of sorafenib with or without gemcitabine in a randomized phase II study...
- Should continuous infusion 5-fluorouracil become the standard of care in the USA as it is in Europe?Anthony B El-Khoueiry
Division of Medical Oncology, Kenneth Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, 90033, USA
Cancer Invest 24:50-5. 2006..While clinical trials are ongoing to compare capecitabine to CI 5-FU, we believe that CI 5-FU should be offered to patients in the United States given its favorable toxicity profile and higher efficacy in several settings...
- A phase II trial of gemcitabine and capecitabine in patients with unresectable or metastatic gallbladder cancer or cholangiocarcinoma: Southwest Oncology Group study S0202Syma Iqbal
Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Ave, Rm 3457, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:1595-602. 2011..Patients with gallbladder cancer or cholangiocarcinoma were treated with the combination of gemcitabine 1,000 mg/m(2) IV over 100 min on days 1 and 8 and capecitabine 650 mg/m(2) BID PO on days 1-14, administered every 21 days...