Affiliation: University of California
- Correlation between BOLD fMRI and theta-band local field potentials in the human hippocampal areaArne Ekstrom
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Semel Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Davis, 1544 Newton Ct, Davis, CA 95618, USA
J Neurophysiol 101:2668-78. 2009..Together, our results suggest that the BOLD signal in the human hippocampal area has a more heterogenous relationship with underlying neural activity than has been described previously in other brain regions...
- How and when the fMRI BOLD signal relates to underlying neural activity: the danger in dissociationArne Ekstrom
Center for Neuroscience and Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, 1544 Newton Court, Davis, CA 95618, USA
Brain Res Rev 62:233-44. 2010....
- Dissociable networks involved in spatial and temporal order source retrievalArne D Ekstrom
Center for Neuroscience, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Neuroimage 56:1803-13. 2011....
- Dissociations within human hippocampal subregions during encoding and retrieval of spatial informationNanthia Suthana
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Center for Cognitive Neurosciences, Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Hippocampus 21:694-701. 2011..These results are consistent with the previous studies illustrating dissociations within human hippocampal subregions and further suggest that these regions are similarly involved during the encoding and retrieval of spatial information...
- High-resolution depth electrode localization and imaging in patients with pharmacologically intractable epilepsyArne Ekstrom
Center for Cognitive Neurosciences, Semel Institute, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 7039, USA
J Neurosurg 108:812-5. 2008..Such methods may be extended to therapeutic procedures targeting specific neuronal circuitry in subfields of structures deep in the human brain...
- Contrasting roles of neural firing rate and local field potentials in human memoryArne Ekstrom
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Center for Cognitive Neurosciences, Semel Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Hippocampus 17:606-17. 2007..Our findings suggest that neuronal firing and ensemble activity can be dissociated during encoding, item-maintenance, and retrieval in the human hippocampal area, likely relating to functional properties unique to this region...
- Behavioral correlates of human hippocampal delta and theta oscillations during navigationAndrew J Watrous
Center for Neuroscience, University of California, Davis, 1544 Newton Court, Davis, CA 95618, USA
J Neurophysiol 105:1747-55. 2011..These results extend previous findings in nonhuman mammals and humans, expanding our knowledge of the role of human hippocampal low-frequency oscillations in navigation...