STUART JAMES EISENDRATH
Affiliation: University of California
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) versus the health-enhancement program (HEP) for adults with treatment-resistant depression: a randomized control trial study protocolStuart J Eisendrath
University of California, San Francisco Department of Psychiatry, 401 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0984 AIP, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:95. 2014..Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an effective treatment for relapse prevention and residual depression in major depression, but has not been previously studied in patients with TRD in a large randomized trial...
- Factitious physical disorders, litigation, and mortalityStuart J Eisendrath
Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Psychosomatics 45:350-3. 2004
- Management of psychiatric problems in critically ill patientsStuart J Eisendrath
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Med 119:22-9. 2006..Specific techniques may help the staff deal with the complex medical, psychological, and ethical issues found in these units in an empathic, compassionate, and well-balanced manner that allows ongoing work satisfaction...
- Factitious disorders: potential litigation risks for plastic surgeonsStuart J Eisendrath
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Ann Plast Surg 60:64-9. 2008..We outline clues to the recognition of factitious disorders and steps the plastic surgeon can take to initiate appropriate treatment, which may reduce the risk of litigation...
- Acceptance of nicotine dependence treatment among currently depressed smokersNancy A Haug
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:217-24. 2005..Findings have implications for the psychiatric assessment and treatment of smokers in clinical settings. Psychiatric medication may play a significant role in smoking cessation treatment acceptance by currently depressed smokers...
- Treatment for cigarette smoking among depressed mental health outpatients: a randomized clinical trialSharon M Hall
University of California, San Francisco, Treatment Research Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1808-14. 2006..Using a brief contact control, we tested the efficacy of a staged care intervention to reduce cigarette smoking among psychiatric patients in outpatient treatment for depression...
- Treating tobacco dependence in clinically depressed smokers: effect of smoking cessation on mental health functioningJudith J Prochaska
University of California San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Ave, Box TRC 0984, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Am J Public Health 98:446-8. 2008..Individuals in treatment for clinical depression can be helped to stop smoking without adversely affecting their mental health functioning...
- Computerized screening for alcohol and drug use among adults seeking outpatient psychiatric servicesDerek Satre
Depression Center and Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:441-4. 2008....
- Applying Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy to Treatment-Resistant DepressionSTUART JAMES EISENDRATH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because TRD affects 50% of individuals treated with antidepressants, MBCT has significant potential to help reduce the suffering, disability, and medical comorbidity that often accompanies this disorder. ..
- Applying Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy to Treatment-Resistant DepressionStuart Eisendrath; Fiscal Year: 2009..Because TRD affects 50% of individuals treated with antidepressants, MBCT has significant potential to help reduce the suffering, disability, and medical comorbidity that often accompanies this disorder. ..