E D Ehrenpreis
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Thalidomide therapy for patients with refractory Crohn's disease: an open-label trialE D Ehrenpreis
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Gastroenterology 117:1271-7. 1999..Inhibition of tumor necrosis factor is a proposed mechanism for the anti-inflammatory properties of thalidomide. We performed an open-label trial of thalidomide in refractory Crohn's disease...
- Treatment of anal fissures with topical nitroglycerinE D Ehrenpreis
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Chicago Hospitals, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 4076, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 2:41-5. 2001..This review summarises current literature regarding topical nitroglycerin pharmacotherapy for anal fissure...
- Thalidomide treatment for refractory Crohn's disease: a review of the history, pharmacological mechanisms and clinical literatureP M Ginsburg
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Chicago Hospitals, IL 60637, USA
Ann Med 33:516-25. 2001..Special attention is directed towards its history, mechanisms, and proposed role. The recent development of thalidomide analogues is also discussed briefly...
- A pilot study of thalidomide for patients with symptomatic mesenteric panniculitisP M Ginsburg
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:2115-22. 2002..There were no serious adverse events. CONCLUSIONS: Thalidomide is safe, well tolerated and efficacious in the treatment of some patients with symptomatic mesenteric panniculitis. Further study is indicated...
- Review article: current therapeutic options for radiation proctopathyJ J Hong
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1253-62. 2001..Given that formal randomized placebo-controlled studies are lacking for most treatments, the management of these patients is often challenging and unclear. Hence, there is a need for more research and education on radiation proctopathy...
- Retrograde endoscopic delivery of botulinum toxin for anal fissuresT P Kinney
University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Endoscopy 38:654. 2006
- Increased serum phosphate levels and calcium fluxes are seen in smaller individuals after a single dose of sodium phosphate colon cleansing solution: a pharmacokinetic analysisE D Ehrenpreis
Department of Gastroenterology, Highland Park Hospital, NorthShore University Healthsystem, Highland Park, IL 60035, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:1202-11. 2009..Sodium phosphate containing colonoscopy preparations may cause electrolyte disturbances and calcium-phosphate nephropathy. Decreased body weight is an unexplored risk factor for complications with sodium phosphate ingestion...