Leona L Eggert
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Preliminary effects of brief school-based prevention approaches for reducing youth suicide--risk behaviors, depression, and drug involvementLeona L Eggert
Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 15:48-64. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the postintervention efficacy of Counselors-CARE (C-CAST) and Coping and Support Training (CAST) vs. "usual care" controls for reducing suicide risk...
- Preventing youth suicide: issues for law enforcement personnelElaine Walsh
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, University of Washington School of Nursing, United States
Int J Law Psychiatry 31:347-58. 2008..The study goal was to determine the most relevant factors influencing suicide risk in each domain examined. Findings are discussed in terms of implications for assessment and policy for law enforcement personnel...
- School difficulties and co-occurring health risk factors: substance use, aggression, depression, and suicidal behaviorsElaine Adams Thompson
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 26:74-84. 2013..Effective prevention requires understanding vulnerable populations, early signs of health risks, and the impact of social contexts. We tested a model of co-occurring mental health risks among at-risk youth experiencing school difficulties...
- The mediating roles of anxiety depression, and hopelessness on adolescent suicidal behaviorsElaine Adams Thompson
Department of Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 35:14-34. 2005..The results have important implications for future model development regarding adolescent suicidal behaviors...
- Suicide risk and protective factors among youth experiencing school difficultiesElaine Walsh
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Int J Ment Health Nurs 16:349-59. 2007..Recommendations for nurses practising in school settings are discussed...