Affiliation: University of California
- New functions for the matrix metalloproteinases in cancer progressionMikala Egeblad
Department of Anatomy, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:161-74. 2002..With this knowledge in hand, can we rethink the use of MMP inhibitors in the clinic?..
- GATA-3 links tumor differentiation and dissemination in a luminal breast cancer modelHosein Kouros-Mehr
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Cancer Cell 13:141-52. 2008..Rather, malignant progression occurred with an expanding GATA-3-negative tumor cell population. These data indicate that GATA-3 regulates tumor differentiation and suppresses tumor dissemination in breast cancer...
- Visualizing stromal cell dynamics in different tumor microenvironments by spinning disk confocal microscopyMikala Egeblad
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dis Model Mech 1:155-67; discussion 165. 2008..The techniques are not limited to investigations in cancer, but could give new insights into cell behavior more broadly in development and disease...
- Coevolution of cancer and stromal cellular responsesLaurie E Littlepage
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Cell 7:499-500. 2005..2005) show that carcinoma-associated fibroblasts can promote epithelial tumorigenesis by secreting the chemokine SDF-1alpha (CXCL12). SDF-1alpha stimulates carcinoma cell proliferation and recruitment of endothelial precursor cells...
- Sulf-2, a proangiogenic heparan sulfate endosulfatase, is upregulated in breast cancerMegumi Morimoto-Tomita
Department of Anatomy and the UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Neoplasia 7:1001-10. 2005..In support of the possible mechanistic relevance of Sulf-2 upregulation in tumors, purified recombinant Sulf-2 promoted angiogenesis in the chick chorioallantoic membrane assay...
- Type I collagen is a genetic modifier of matrix metalloproteinase 2 in murine skeletal developmentMikala Egeblad
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0452, USA
Dev Dyn 236:1683-93. 2007..Developmental Dynamics 236:1683-1693, 2007. (c) 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Ets2-dependent stromal regulation of mouse mammary tumorsAlbert K Man
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8614-25. 2003....
- Proteolytic cleavage and phosphorylation of a tumor-associated ErbB4 isoform promote ligand-independent survival and cancer cell growthJorma A Maatta
MediCity Research Laboratory and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Mol Biol Cell 17:67-79. 2006....