Elizabeth A Edwardsen
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Family perspective of medical care and grief support after field termination by emergency medical services personnel: a preliminary reportElizabeth A Edwardsen
Prehosp Emerg Care 6:440-4. 2002..To determine the acceptance by family members regarding nontransport of patients in cardiac arrest following unsuccessful resuscitation occurring in private residences...
- Pilot educational outreach project on partner violenceElizabeth A Edwardsen
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Prev Med 39:536-42. 2004..To assess the impact of a multimodal educational outreach on physician screening and documentation of intimate partner violence (IPV) in primary care...
- Structured practice opportunities with a mnemonic affect medical student interviewing skills for intimate partner violenceElizabeth A Edwardsen
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:62-8. 2006..Low rates of partner violence inquiry and detection are reported in the medical setting. Purpose: To determine if a teaching module with a mnemonic improves interviewing skills...
- Intimate partner violence resource materials: assessment of information distributionElizabeth A Edwardsen
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, USA
J Interpers Violence 21:971-81. 2006..To determine the educational impact of placing partner violence resource information in a medical setting...
- Improving identification and management of partner violence: examining the process of academic detailing: a qualitative studyElizabeth A Edwardsen
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
BMC Med Educ 11:36. 2011..Many physicians do not routinely inquire about intimate partner violence...
- Physicians criticizing physicians to patientsSusan H McDaniel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1405-9. 2013..Sharing conflicting information or negative judgments of other physicians to patients may be unprofessional. Poor teamwork within healthcare systems has been associated with patient mortality and lower staff well-being...
- Medical inquiry for intimate partner violence as reported by women in a shelterSunil K Bansal
Department of Emergency Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
J Emerg Med 34:341-5. 2008..Medical inquiry for IPV after an episode of partner abuse occurred for the majority of shelter residents who sought care in an emergency department, whereas inquiry for IPV among primary care providers at routine visits remained low...
- Instructional curriculum improves medical staff knowledge and efficacy for patients experiencing intimate partner violenceElizabeth A Edwardsen
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Mil Med 176:1260-4. 2011..The impact of an instructional curriculum was also examined following an interactive training...
- Missed opportunities for interval empathy in lung cancer communicationDiane S Morse
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA Diane_mors
Arch Intern Med 168:1853-8. 2008..Empathy is important in patient-physician communication and is associated with improved patient satisfaction and adherence to physicians' recommendations...
- Protection order petitioners' health care utilizationCatherine Cerulli
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Violence Against Women 16:679-90. 2010..The response to address interpersonal violence victimization should attempt to connect women using the courts with needed health care services...