Affiliation: University of Washington
- Spatiotemporal imaging of cortical activation during verb generation and picture namingErik Edwards
Department of Psychology and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Neuroimage 50:291-301. 2010..The data are discussed with regards to current leading models of speech perception and production, and a "dual ventral stream" hybrid of leading speech perception models is given...
- Cortical spatio-temporal dynamics underlying phonological target detection in humansEdward F Chang
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 23:1437-46. 2011....
- Comparison of time-frequency responses and the event-related potential to auditory speech stimuli in human cortexErik Edwards
Department of Psychology and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
J Neurophysiol 102:377-86. 2009..Across electrodes, the alpha suppression from 200 to 450 ms correlated with the preceding (50-200 ms) gammahigh increase. The results are discussed in terms of the different physiological origins of these electrocortical signals...
- Localization of neurosurgically implanted electrodes via photograph-MRI-radiograph coregistrationSarang S Dalal
Biomagnetic Imaging Laboratory, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Neurosci Methods 174:106-15. 2008..We demonstrate the results of our method in eight epilepsy patients implanted with electrode grids spanning the left hemisphere...
- Five-dimensional neuroimaging: localization of the time-frequency dynamics of cortical activitySarang S Dalal
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Neuroimage 40:1686-700. 2008..This method enables the ultimate promise of MEG and EEG for five-dimensional imaging of space, time, and frequency activity in the brain and renders it applicable for widespread studies of human cortical dynamics during cognition...
- High gamma activity in response to deviant auditory stimuli recorded directly from human cortexErik Edwards
Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
J Neurophysiol 94:4269-80. 2005..We suggest that the high gamma oscillations are sensory-induced neocortical ripples, similar in physiological origin to the well-studied ripples of the hippocampus...
- Synchronization measures of bursting data: application to the electrocorticogram of an auditory event-related experimentMark A Kramer
Program in Applied Science and Technology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720-1708, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 70:011914. 2004..We apply the synchronization measure to human electrocorticogram data collected during an auditory event-related potential experiment. The results suggest a crude model of cortical connectivity...