Steve V Edelman
Affiliation: University of California
- Multisite evaluation of a new diabetes self-test for glucose and glycated protein (fructosamine)S V Edelman
University of California at San Diego Veterans Administration Medical Center 92161, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 2:233-8. 2000..This new self-testing system has the potential to improve glycemic control dramatically in patients with diabetes, including those patients with type 2 diabetes using oral drug therapy...
- Strategies for insulin therapy in type 2 diabetesSteven V Edelman
Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive 111G, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
South Med J 98:363-71. 2005....
- Is pramlintide a safe and effective adjunct therapy for patients with type 1 diabetes?Steve V Edelman
VA San Diego Healthcare Center, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive 111G, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:E1; discussion E2. 2007
- Pramlintide in the treatment of diabetesS V Edelman
Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Int J Clin Pract 60:1647-53. 2006..Clinical Trial Registry Numbers: 137-155 open-label clinical trial: NCT00108004 (Pramlintide long-term, placebo-controlled clinical trials were completed prior to the requirement for NCT registry)...
- Amylin replacement therapy in patients with type 1 diabetesSteven V Edelman
University of California, San Diego, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3550 La Jolla Village Drive 111G, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:119S-127S. 2006..This combination of benefits makes pramlintide an important therapeutic tool for improving the metabolic control and quality of life of people with type 1 diabetes...
- Pramlintide in the treatment of diabetes mellitusSteve Edelman
Division of Diabetes Metabolism, VA San Diego Healthcare Center, San Diego, California 92161, USA
BioDrugs 22:375-86. 2008..These factors make pramlintide an attractive option for the treatment of postprandial hyperglycemia in patients with diabetes using mealtime insulin...
- Unresolved challenges with insulin therapy in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: potential benefit of replacing amylin, a second beta-cell hormoneSteven V Edelman
Veterans Affairs Health Care Systems, V111G Endocrinology, University of California San Diego, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 4:175-89. 2002....
- Psychological insulin resistance in patients with type 2 diabetes: the scope of the problemWilliam H Polonsky
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Diabetes Care 28:2543-5. 2005
- Osteoporosis and diabetesDiane L Chau
Department of Geriatric Medicine, VA Sierra Health Care Systems, University of Nevada School of Medicine, 1000 Locust Street, MS 018, Reno, NV 89502, USA
Curr Diab Rep 3:37-42. 2003..In patients who have positive risk factors for osteoporosis, or in those who present with fractures, evaluation of bone density should be done and respective preventive or therapeutic interventions should be applied...
- Through the looking glass: current and future perspectives on the role of hormonal interplay in glucose homeostasisDavida F Kruger
Henry Ford Health System, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 3031 West Grand Boulevard, Suite 800, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Diabetes Educ 33:32S-46S; quiz 47S-48S. 2007
- Incretins and their role in the management of diabetesJuan P Frias
Animas Corp, West Chester, Pennsylvania 19380, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 14:269-76. 2007..To review data from clinical trials of incretin mimetics in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Insulin therapy in type 2 diabetesTrent Davis
Section of Diabetes/Metabolism, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive 111G, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Med Clin North Am 88:865-95, x. 2004..The American Diabetes Association recommends that the objective of normalizing glycemia and glycosylated hemoglobin concentrations for patients with type 2 diabetes should be similar to that for type 1 diabetes...
- Improved glucose excursions using an implantable real-time continuous glucose sensor in adults with type 1 diabetesSatish K Garg
Department of Medicine and Pediatrics, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Diabetes Care 27:734-8. 2004..The capability of emerging glucose sensor technology to continuously monitor glucose levels may provide ways to achieve glycemic targets while reducing hypoglycemia...
- The role of self-monitoring of blood glucose during the treatment of type 2 diabetes with medications targeting postprandial hyperglycemiaCharles Choe
Division of Diabetes and Metabolism, San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and University of California, San Diego, California, USA
South Med J 100:1123-31. 2007..Periodic glucose profiles and regular SMBG will remain an important tool for both patients and healthcare professionals when using these newer approaches...
- Incretins: what does the future hold?Steven V Edelman
University of California San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 7:809-12. 2005
- Optimizing diabetes treatment using an amylin analogueSteven V Edelman
University of California San Diego, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive 111G, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Diabetes Educ 34:4S-10S. 2008..This combination of benefits associated with pramlintide makes it an attractive treatment option for patients with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes...
- Extension of type 2 diabetes genome-wide association scan results in the diabetes prevention programAllan F Moore
Center for Human Genetic Research, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 57:2503-10. 2008....
- Pharmacokinetics and glucodynamics of rapid-, short-, and intermediate-acting insulins: comparison of jet injection to needle syringeMark J Sarno
Diabetes Technol Ther 4:863-6. 2002
- Erectile dysfunction and diabetesNeelima V Chu
VA Healthcare San Diego, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, III G, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Curr Diab Rep 2:60-6. 2002..Improved techniques in diagnoses and treatment of impotence have given the male with diabetes some hope in the management of this prevalent and emotionally disturbing complication...
- Gastrointestinal disturbances in diabetesManju Chandran
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California School of Medicine, VA San Diego Health Care Systems, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, Mail Code 111G, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Curr Diab Rep 3:43-8. 2003..In addition to pharmacologic therapy, glycemic control and dietary manipulation play an important role in managing GI disorders in people with diabetes...
- ThiazolidinedionesSteven V Edelman
N Engl J Med 352:205-7; author reply 205-7. 2005
- Skeletal muscle GLUT1 transporter protein expression and basal leg glucose uptake are reduced in type 2 diabetesTheodore P Ciaraldi
Veterans Affairs San Diego HealthCare System (111G, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, California 92161, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:352-8. 2005....
- Prognostic role of B-type natriuretic peptide levels in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusMeenakshi A Bhalla
Division of Cardiology, Veteran's Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, California 92161, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1047-52. 2004..There was a marked decrease in survival in the patient group with BNP >120 pg/ml. CONCLUSIONS: B-type natriuretic peptide appears to be a reliable predictor of future cardiac and all-cause mortality in diabetic patients...
- Pumps and type 2 diabetes. If you can improve your diabetes control, and if you can accommodate yourself to it, the pump might just be the best diabetes therapy for youSteven V Edelman
Diabetes Forecast 55:62-5. 2002
- The role of the thiazolidinediones in the practical management of patients with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular risk factorsSteven V Edelman
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California, San Diego, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 4:S29-37. 2003....
- Serum 1,5-anhydroglucitol (GlycoMark ): a short-term glycemic markerJohn B Buse
Divisions of Endocrinology and of General Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 5:355-63. 2003..The behavior of this analyte is different from all others used in the management of diabetes, creating potential opportunities for its use in clinical practice...
- Hypoglycemia unawareness and type 1 diabetesSteven V Edelman
South Med J 97:1143-4. 2004