Affiliation: University of California
- Outcomes following pre-operative clopidogrel administration in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage strategY) trialRamin Ebrahimi
University of California Los Angeles and the Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Cardiology Section 111E, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1965-72. 2009....
- Effect of preprocedural statin use on procedural myocardial infarction and major cardiac adverse events in percutaneous coronary intervention: a meta-analysisRamin Ebrahimi
VA Medical Center Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Division of Cardiology, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 20:292-5. 2008....
- Safety and efficacy of bivalirudin monotherapy in patients with diabetes mellitus and acute coronary syndromes: a report from the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage Strategy) trialFrederick Feit
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1645-52. 2008..We sought to evaluate clinical outcomes of patients with diabetes mellitus in the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage Strategy) trial, overall and by treatment arm...
- Impact of major bleeding on 30-day mortality and clinical outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes: an analysis from the ACUITY TrialSteven V Manoukian
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1362-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the predictors of major bleeding and the impact of major bleeding on outcomes, including mortality, in acute coronary syndromes (ACS)...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, coronary atherosclerosis, and mortalityNaser Ahmadi
Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration Medical Center, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 108:29-33. 2011..81 for CAC scores ≥400, p <0.05 for all comparisons). In conclusion, PTSD is associated with presence and severity of coronary atherosclerosis and predicts mortality independent of age, gender, and conventional risk factors...
- Effects of intense exercise and moderate caloric restriction on cardiovascular risk factors and inflammationNaser Ahmadi
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Med 124:978-82. 2011....
- Lipid-lowering therapy in patients with peripheral arterial diseaseRamin Ebrahimi
Division of Cardiology, Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 9:271-7. 2004..This paper reviews the role of lipid therapy in patients with peripheral arterial disease with focus on functional improvement and symptomatic relief based on the available data...
- Bivalirudin vs heparin in percutaneous coronary intervention: a pooled analysisRamin Ebrahimi
University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, West Los Angeles VA, Los Angeles, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 10:209-16. 2005..This study evaluates outcomes with bivalirudin vs heparin in various patient subgroups and the overall population during percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI)...
- Mortality in individuals without known coronary artery disease but with discordance between the Framingham risk score and coronary artery calciumNaser Ahmadi
Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:799-804. 2011..In conclusion, the prognostic value of CAC to predict future mortality is superior to the FRS. Addition of CAC score to FRS significantly improves the identification and prognostication of patients without known CAD...
- Efficacy of alternate-day dosing versus daily dosing of atorvastatinMahtab Jafari
University of California, Irvine, UCI Medical Center Division of Cardiology, Building 53, Route 81, Room 100, Orange, California 92868 4080, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 8:123-6. 2003..This trial compared the efficacy of daily atorvastatin administration with that of alternate-day dosing...
- Ventricular fibrillation resulting from acute right ventricular infarction from isolated occlusion of a right ventricular branch arteryKirk Y Chang
Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, CA 90037, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 8:5-8. 2003..This case highlights the point that despite its benign clinical appearance and preserved left ventricular function, necrosis of right ventricular tissue can have life-threatening consequences...