Jan M Eberth
Affiliation: University of South Carolina
- Lung cancer screening using low-dose CT: the current national landscapeJan M Eberth
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, United States Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, United States Electronic address
Lung Cancer 85:379-84. 2014..By examining the availability of U.S. LDCT screening centers, and underlying rates of lung cancer incidence, mortality, and smoking prevalence, the need for additional centers may be determined...
- Human papillomavirus vaccine coverage among females aged 11 to 17 in Texas counties: an application of multilevel, small area estimationJan M Eberth
Division of Quantitative Sciences, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Womens Health Issues 23:e131-41. 2013..The purpose of this study is to describe the county-level geographic distribution of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine coverage among adolescent females in Texas using multilevel small area estimation...
- Is the accuracy of self-reported colorectal cancer screening associated with social desirability?Sally W Vernon
University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, 7000 Fannin Street, Suite 2560, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:61-5. 2012..We examined whether the tendency to give socially desirable responses was associated with concordance between self-reported colorectal cancer (CRC) screening behaviors and medical records...
- Computed tomography screening for lung cancer: a survey of society of thoracic radiology membersJan M Eberth
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health Cancer Prevention and Control Program College of Nursing, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC Sealy Center on Aging, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston Department of Radiology, Houston Methodist, Houston, TX
J Thorac Imaging 29:289-92. 2014..This study aimed to determine the availability, attributes, and hindrances of current and developing US lung cancer screening programs...
- Geographic disparities in mammography capacity in the South: a longitudinal assessment of supply and demandJan M Eberth
South Carolina Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Health Serv Res 49:171-85. 2014..The purpose of this study was to determine the locations and extent of over/undersupply of mammography in 14 southern states from 2002 to 2008...
- Health disparities are important determinants of outcome for children with solid tumor malignanciesMary T Austin
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Cancer Hospital at the University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Department of Pediatric Surgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 50:161-6. 2015..The purpose of this study was to identify health disparities in children with non-CNS solid tumor malignancies and examine their impact on disease presentation and outcome...
- Accuracy of self-reported reason for colorectal cancer testingJan M Eberth
Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:196-200. 2010..Determining the best way to identify those who have been tested for diagnosis, rather than screening, is an important next step...