Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Interventional endoscopy in the diagnosis and staging of upper gastrointestinal malignancyCharles Dye
Section of Endoscopy and Therapeutics, University of Chicago Hospitals, 5758 South Maryland Avenue, MC 9028, Chicago, IL 60637 1463, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 11:305-20. 2002..Our challenge for the future is to properly integrate these technologic advances with the science of good medical practice...
- Enteral stent placement by double balloon enteroscopy for palliation of malignant small bowel obstructionAndrew S Ross
University of Chicago, Department of Endoscopy and Therapeutics and The Cancer Research Center, Section of Gastroenterology, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC4076, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 64:835-7. 2006
- Use of double-balloon enteroscopy to perform PEG in the excluded stomach after Roux-en-Y gastric bypassAndrew S Ross
Section of Endoscopy and Therapeutics, The University of Chicago Hospitals, 5841 S Maryland Ave MC 4076, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 64:797-800. 2006..Successful examination of the excluded stomach after RYGB has been reported when using double-balloon enteroscopy (DBE)...
- Stretta as the initial antireflux procedure in childrenDonald C Liu
University of Chicago Comer Children s Hospital, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:148-51; discussion 151-2. 2005..The authors present the first report of Stretta as the initial antireflux procedure in children with GERD, evaluating indications, safety, and efficacy...
- Laparoscopic-assisted double-balloon enteroscopy for small-bowel polyp surveillance and treatment in patients with Peutz-Jeghers syndromeAndrew S Ross
Current affiliations Section of Endoscopy and Therapeutics and Section of General Surgery, The University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 64:984-8. 2006....
- Is the risk of concomitant invasive esophageal cancer in high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus overestimated?Vani J A Konda
Center for Endoscopic Research and Therapeutics, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:159-64. 2008..The aim of this study was to use explicit criteria to determine the true prevalence of invasive adenocarcinoma in reports of patients who had esophagectomy for HGD in BE...
- Double balloon enteroscopy detects small bowel mass lesions missed by capsule endoscopyAndrew Ross
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:2140-3. 2008..Their detection has been limited by the inability to endoscopically examine the entire small intestine. This has changed with the introduction of capsule endoscopy (CE) and double balloon enteroscopy (DBE) into clinical practice...
- Balloon-assisted intubation of the ileocecal valve to facilitate retrograde double-balloon enteroscopyAndrew S Ross
Department of Endoscopy and Therapeutics, The Cancer Research Center, The University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:987-8. 2005
- Through-the-scope balloon dilation for endoscopic ultrasound staging of stenosing esophageal cancerBrian C Jacobson
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University Medical Center, 85 East Concord St, Room 7721, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:817-22. 2007..TTS balloon dilation is highly successful in permitting complete staging of obstructing tumors. The rate of complications after dilation with a TTS balloon dilator is low and similar to the baseline rate of EUS in this setting...