Francisco A Durazo
Affiliation: University of California
- Des-gamma-carboxyprothrombin, alpha-fetoprotein and AFP-L3 in patients with chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinomaFrancisco A Durazo
The Pfleger Liver Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1541-8. 2008....
- Endoscopic treatment of postorthotopic liver transplantation anastomotic biliary strictures with maximal stent therapy (with video)James H Tabibian
Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:505-12. 2010..The optimal endoscopic protocol for treating postorthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) anastomotic biliary strictures (ABSs) has not been established...
- Comparative analysis of resection and liver transplantation for intrahepatic and hilar cholangiocarcinoma: a 24-year experience in a single centerJohnny C Hong
Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Pfleger Liver Institute, Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Surg 146:683-9. 2011..To compare the survival difference between 2 surgical modalities in the treatment of locally advanced intrahepatic and hilar cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) and to identify factors that predict mortality...
- Predictive index for tumor recurrence after liver transplantation for locally advanced intrahepatic and hilar cholangiocarcinomaJohnny C Hong
Dumont UCLA Liver Cancer and Transplant Centers, Pfleger Liver Institute, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7054, USA
J Am Coll Surg 212:514-20; discussion 520-1. 2011..The present study was undertaken to define a prognostic scoring system for risk stratification of patients with intrahepatic and hilar CCA who might benefit from OLT and to allow expansion of current OLT criteria...
- Intraductal oncocytic papillary neoplasm of the liver: case and review of a rare variantJames H Tabibian
Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Hepatol 7:168-73. 2008..This case adds to the little that is known about the behavior of IOPN and supports the observation that resection, or OLT when resection is not possible, is a valid treatment option...
- Endoscopic treatment with multiple stents for post-liver-transplantation nonanastomotic biliary stricturesJames H Tabibian
Dumont University of California Los Angeles Liver Transplant Center and UCLA Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Los Angeles, California, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 69:1236-43. 2009..Although data strongly support ERCP for treating anastomotic strictures, the little information available for the role of ERCP in the treatment of nonanastomotic strictures (NAS) has been unpromising...
- A proposed, evidence-based approach to the treatment of chronic Hepatitis BSteven Huy B Han
Division of Digestive Diseases, Pfleger Liver Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 45:259-66. 2011..We present a new treatment strategy for determining the need for antiviral therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis B...
- Hepatotoxicity due to hydroxycut: a case seriesTse Ling Fong
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, 1510 San Pablo Street, 2 F, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1561-6. 2010..We sought to characterize the clinical presentation of Hydroxycut-associated liver injury and to adjudicate these cases for causal association with Hydroxycut...
- Fulminant liver failure due to usnic acid for weight lossFrancisco A Durazo
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicin, Dumont UCLA Liver Transplant Center, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 9302, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:950-2. 2004..A discussion about hepatotoxicity of the different compounds of dietary supplements is presented. This is a reminder for the clinicians about the potential side effects of CAM...