Genomes and Genes
Andrew W Duncan
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Frequent aneuploidy among normal human hepatocytesAndrew W Duncan
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Gastroenterology 142:25-8. 2012..Aneuploidy therefore does not necessarily predispose liver cells to transformation but might promote genetic diversity among hepatocytes...
- Aneuploidy as a mechanism for stress-induced liver adaptationAndrew W Duncan
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute, Portland, OR, USA
J Clin Invest 122:3307-15. 2012..This result indicates that selection of a specific aneuploid karyotype can result in the adaptation of hepatocytes to chronic liver injury. The extent to which aneuploidy promotes hepatic adaptation in humans remains under investigation...
- Aneuploidy, polyploidy and ploidy reversal in the liverAndrew W Duncan
Department of Pathology, McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 450 Technology Drive, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, United States
Semin Cell Dev Biol 24:347-56. 2013..Future work is required to elucidate the mechanisms regulating dynamic chromosome changes in the liver and to understand how these processes impact normal and abnormal liver function...
- The ploidy conveyor of mature hepatocytes as a source of genetic variationAndrew W Duncan
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Nature 467:707-10. 2010..We propose that this mechanism evolved to generate genetic diversity and permits adaptation of hepatocytes to xenobiotic or nutritional injury...
- Prospective isolation of a bipotential clonogenic liver progenitor cell in adult miceCraig Dorrell
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
Genes Dev 25:1193-203. 2011....
- Ploidy reductions in murine fusion-derived hepatocytesAndrew W Duncan
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000385. 2009..The generation of such daughter cells increases liver diversity, which may increase the likelihood of oncogenesis...
- Liver repopulation and regeneration: new approaches to old questionsAndrew W Duncan
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 18:197-202. 2013....
- Stem cells and liver regenerationAndrew W Duncan
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Gastroenterology 137:466-81. 2009..This review will consider liver stem cells in the context of each definition...
- Fancd2-/- mice have hematopoietic defects that can be partially corrected by resveratrolQing Shuo Zhang
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Blood 116:5140-8. 2010..We conclude that Fancd2(-/-) mice have readily quantifiable hematopoietic defects, and that this model is well suited for pharmacologic screening studies...