Affiliation: University of California
- Human mammary cancer progression model recapitulates methylation events associated with breast premalignancyNancy Dumont
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California, 94143 0511, USA
Breast Cancer Res 11:R87. 2009....
- Sustained induction of epithelial to mesenchymal transition activates DNA methylation of genes silenced in basal-like breast cancersNancy Dumont
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0511, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14867-72. 2008..Given the dynamic epigenetic reprogramming that occurs in these cells, DNA methylation profiles observed in human tumors may reflect the history of environmental exposures during the genesis of a tumor...
- Breast fibroblasts modulate early dissemination, tumorigenesis, and metastasis through alteration of extracellular matrix characteristicsNancy Dumont
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neoplasia 15:249-62. 2013..Our results suggest that normalizing the organization of the ECM could be effective in limiting systemic dissemination and tumor growth...
- Reflections on miR-ing effects in metastasisNancy Dumont
Department of Pathology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Cell 16:3-4. 2009..These data have potential to provide biomarkers for prognosis and novel targets for intervention in this most lethal aspect of malignancy...
- CD36 repression activates a multicellular stromal program shared by high mammographic density and tumor tissuesRosa Anna DeFilippis
Department of Pathology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Discov 2:826-39. 2012..Levels of CD36 and extent of mammographic density are both modifiable factors that provide potential for intervention...