Charles L Dumke
Affiliation: University of Montana
- Successive bouts of cycling stimulates genes associated with mitochondrial biogenesisCharles L Dumke
Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Montana, Missoula, MT 59812, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 107:419-27. 2009..This is the first study to illustrate an increase in sirtuin-1 mRNA with acute and chronic exercise. These data contribute to the understanding of mRNA expression during both acute and successive bouts of prolonged exercise...
- Quercetin's effect on cycling efficiency and substrate utilizationCharles L Dumke
Department of Health and Human Perfomance, University of Montana, Missoula, MT 59812, USA
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 34:993-1000. 2009..These data indicate that GE is reduced during an exhausting 3-h bout of exercise. However, quercetin did not significantly affect any outcomes in these already well-trained subjects...
- Effects of commercially available pneumatic compression on muscle glycogen recovery after exerciseNathan A Keck
1Department of Health and Human Performance, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana and 2Montana Center for Work Physiology and Exercise Metabolism, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
J Strength Cond Res 29:379-85. 2015..05). The use of PCD did not alter the rate of muscle glycogen resynthesis, blood lactate, or blood glucose and insulin concentrations associated with a postexercise oral glucose load...
- Metabolic profile of the Ironman World Championships: a case studyJohn S Cuddy
Montana Center for Work Physiology and Exercise Metabolism, University of Montana, Missoula, MT, USA
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 5:570-6. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine the metabolic profile during the 2006 Ironman World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii...
- Relationship between muscle strength, power and stiffness and running economy in trained male runnersCharles L Dumke
Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, USA
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 5:249-61. 2010..In this study, a comparison was made between muscle strength, power and muscle and tendon (km and kt respectively) stiffness of the triceps surae muscle group and running economy (RE) in trained male runners...