Lori L DuBenske
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Caregivers' differing needs across key experiences of the advanced cancer disease trajectoryLori L DuBenske
Center for Health Enhancement Systems Studies, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Palliat Support Care 6:265-72. 2008..This study examines a variety of particular needs across a number of more discrete illness-related transition experiences specifically in the advanced cancer disease trajectory...
- Communicating advanced cancer patients' symptoms via the Internet: a pooled analysis of two randomized trials examining caregiver preparedness, physical burden, and negative moodMing Yuan Chih
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Palliat Med 27:533-43. 2013..Using available communication technologies, clinicians may offer timely support to family caregivers in managing symptoms in patients with advanced cancer at home...
- An eHealth system supporting palliative care for patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a randomized trialDavid H Gustafson
Center for Health Enhancement Systems Studies, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Cancer 119:1744-51. 2013....
- Creating a bond between caregivers online: effect on caregivers' coping strategiesKang Namkoong
School of Journalism and Mass Communication, and Center for Health Enhancement Systems Studies, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Health Commun 17:125-40. 2012..Findings suggest that perceived bonding has positive effects on caregivers' appraisal and problem-focused coping strategies, and it mediates the effect of ICCS on the coping strategies 6 months after the intervention has begun...
- Caregivers' participation in the oncology clinic visit mediates the relationship between their information competence and their need fulfillment and clinic visit satisfactionLori L DuBenske
University of Wisconsin Madison, Center for Health Enhancement Systems Studies, Madison, WI 53726, USA
Patient Educ Couns 81:S94-9. 2010..This study examines the mediating role caregiver's clinic visit involvement has on the relationships between caregiver's information competence and their need fulfillment and clinic visit satisfaction...
- Development and implementation of a clinician reporting system for advanced stage cancer: initial lessons learnedLori L DuBenske
Center for Health Enhancement Systems Studies, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:679-86. 2008..This study reports initial findings from implementation of the Clinician Report (CR)-a patient and caregiver status report tool accessible by the oncology clinic team...
- Antecedent characteristics of online cancer information seeking among rural breast cancer patients: an application of the Cognitive-Social Health Information Processing (C-SHIP) modelBret R Shaw
Department of Life Sciences Communication, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Health Commun 13:389-408. 2008..This study supports the applicability of the model to discern why people afflicted with cancer may seek online information to cope with their disease...
- Web-based cancer communication and decision making systems: connecting patients, caregivers, and clinicians for improved health outcomesLori L DuBenske
School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Med Decis Making 30:732-44. 2010..Implementation strategies should address timing, personnel, and environmental factors to facilitate continued use and benefit from IHCS...
- Psychometric evaluation of the Health Information Orientation Scale: a brief measure for assessing health information engagement and apprehensionLori L DuBenske
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Health Psychol 14:721-30. 2009..Each factor demonstrated adequate reliability and construct validity, providing promising findings regarding Information Engagement and Information Apprehension, specific to a health context...
- Parent perceptions of children's hospital safety climateElizabeth D Cox
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 22:664-71. 2013....
- Patient/Caregiver influences for declining participation in supportive oncology trialsMary K Buss
Division of Hematology Oncology and Palliative Care Consultation Service, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Rose 144, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Support Oncol 6:168-74. 2008..This information was specific to supportive care trials; it may help researchers plan recruitment strategies and enrollment targets...