Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Hypophosphatemic ricketsMarc K Drezner
William F Middleton Memorial Veterans Administration Hospital and Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisc, USA
Endocr Dev 6:126-55. 2003
- Treatment of anticonvulsant drug-induced bone diseaseMarc K Drezner
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Epilepsy Behav 5:S41-7. 2004..Conventional treatment with bisphosphonates may be needed when the response to vitamin D is inadequate. However, routine use of bisphosphonates in patients receiving long-term anticonvulsant therapy cannot at present be recommended...
- Interobserver reproducibility of criteria for vertebral body exclusionKaren E Hansen
Rheumatology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, William S Middleton Veterans Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:501-8. 2005..Our results suggest that reproducibility may be improved by specifically addressing the sources of interobserver disagreement...
- HPLC method for 25-hydroxyvitamin D measurement: comparison with contemporary assaysGary L Lensmeyer
Clinical Toxicology Laboratory, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Department of Pathology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Chem 52:1120-6. 2006..Unfortunately, variability among 25(OH)D assays limits clinician ability to monitor VitD status, supplementation, and toxicity...
- Use of the lowest vertebral body T-score to diagnose lumbar osteoporosis in men: is "cherry picking" appropriate?Karen E Hansen
Rheumatology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI and Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI 53750, USA
J Clin Densitom 7:376-81. 2004..Prospective studies are needed to determine which of these three methods of lumbar spine analysis best predicts future fragility fracture in men and women...
- Recalculation of the NHANES database SD improves T-score agreement and reduces osteoporosis prevalenceNeil Binkley
University of Wisconsin Osteoporosis Clinical Center and Research Program, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:195-201. 2005..Use of a recalculated young-normal SD for the GE Lunar-adjusted NHANES III database improved diagnostic agreement and is recommended...
- Low vitamin D status: time to recognize and correct a Wisconsin epidemicNeil Binkley
University of Wisconsin Osteoporosis Clinical Center and Research Program, 2870 University Ave, Ste 100, Madison, WI 53705, USA
WMJ 106:466-72. 2007..This review details vitamin D physiology and the prevalence of low vitamin D status in Wisconsin and elsewhere, and provides approaches to optimizing vitamin D status...
- Aberrant Phex function in osteoblasts and osteocytes alone underlies murine X-linked hypophosphatemiaBaozhi Yuan
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, GRECC, William F Middleton Veterans Administration Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Clin Invest 118:722-34. 2008..These data provide evidence that aberrant Phex function in osteoblasts and/or osteocytes alone is sufficient to underlie the hyp-mouse phenotype...
- Evidence for abnormal translational regulation of renal 25-hydroxyvitamin D-1alpha-hydroxylase activity in the hyp-mouseBaozhi Yuan
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 5148, USA
Endocrinology 145:3804-12. 2004..These data, in accord with absent undue enhancement of protein expression in hyp-mice treated with protease inhibitors, establish that abberrant regulation of vitamin D metabolism results from abnormal translational activity...
- Are Wisconsin physicians knowledgeable about male osteoporosis?Neil Binkley
Department of Medicine, Institute on Aging, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wis, USA
WMJ 102:51-7. 2003..These data suggest that knowledge regarding male osteoporosis has been conveyed to practicing physicians. Evaluation of methods by which physicians will translate this knowledge into action, thereby optimizing patient care, are needed...
- Intravenous ibandronate injections in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: one-year results from the dosing intravenous administration studyPierre D Delmas
Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 and INSERM Research Unit 403, Lyon, France
Arthritis Rheum 54:1838-46. 2006..The aim of this study was to identify the optimal intravenous dosing regimen for ibandronate in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis...
- Loss of DMP1 causes rickets and osteomalacia and identifies a role for osteocytes in mineral metabolismJian Q Feng
Oral Biology, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Nat Genet 38:1310-5. 2006..Our findings suggest a bone-renal axis that is central to guiding proper mineral metabolism...
- Laboratory reporting of 25-hydroxyvitamin D results: potential for clinical misinterpretationNeil Binkley
Clin Chem 52:2124-5. 2006
- PATHOGENESIS OF VITAMIN D REFRACTORY DISEASESMarc Drezner; Fiscal Year: 2000..Such advances will potentially improve the therapeutic strategies for a variety of human disorders. ..
- Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award (UW-Madison)(UL1)Marc Drezner; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF VITAMIN D REFRACTORY DISEASESMarc Drezner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies are significant, as they will clarify the PHEX dependent aspects of the XLH phenotype, while enhancing our understanding of vitamin D metabolism and P homeostasis. ..
- Contemporary Diagnosis and Treatment of Vitamin D-Related DisordersMarc Drezner; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- PATHOGENESIS OF VITAMIN D REFRACTORY DISEASESMarc Drezner; Fiscal Year: 1999..Such advances will potentially improve the therapeutic strategies for a variety of human disorders. ..