Daniel L Drane
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Demographic characteristics and normative observations for derived-trail making test indicesDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, Regional Epilepsy Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98104 2499, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 15:39-43. 2002..The purpose of the present study was to examine the relations of two derived-TMT indices with age, education, and gender and to establish normative data...
- Category-specific recognition and naming deficits following resection of a right anterior temporal lobe tumor in a patient with atypical language lateralizationDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Cortex 45:630-40. 2009..As various object categories appear to have different neuroanatomical representations in the TLs, we discuss the possible benefits of sampling a wider array of objects during cortical stimulation mapping of language...
- Cognitive impairment is not equal in patients with epileptic and psychogenic nonepileptic seizuresDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Epilepsia 47:1879-86. 2006..We reexamined neurocognitive function in patients with ESs and PNES by using symptom validity testing to control for variability in effort...
- Structured cueing on a semantic fluency task differentiates patients with temporal versus frontal lobe seizure onsetDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Epilepsy Behav 9:339-44. 2006....
- Healthy older adult performance on a modified version of the Cognistat (NCSE): demographic issues and preliminary normative dataDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, Regional Epilepsy Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 25:133-44. 2003..Current results indicate that the Cognistat is sensitive to normal aging and promises greater sensitivity to the impact of age than the commonly employed Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE)...
- Famous face identification in temporal lobe epilepsy: support for a multimodal integration model of semantic memoryDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cortex 49:1648-67. 2013..These findings challenge several assumptions underlying amodal models of semantic memory, and provide support for the integrated multimodal theories of semantic memory and a distributed representation of concepts...
- Cortical stimulation mapping and Wada results demonstrate a normal variant of right hemisphere language organizationDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Epilepsia 53:1790-8. 2012..Furthermore, these data confirm the Wada test findings of atypical dominance...
- Category-specific naming and recognition deficits in temporal lobe epilepsy surgical patientsDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, United States UW Regional Epilepsy Center, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, United States
Neuropsychologia 46:1242-55. 2008....
- Lorazepam effects on Word Memory Test performance: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trialDavid W Loring
Department of Neurology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 25:799-811. 2011....
- Development of a partial Balint's syndrome in a congenitally deaf patient presenting as pseudo-aphasiaDaniel L Drane
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Wesley Woods Health Center, 1841 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 23:715-28. 2009..g., the need for a non-standardized approach, a lack of normative data for such special populations), while pointing out the substantial contributions that can be made by going beyond the standard neuropsychological test batteries...
- Language reorganization in aphasics: an electrical stimulation mapping investigationTimothy H Lucas
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Neurosurgery 63:487-97; discussion 497. 2008..The purpose of this investigation was to determine whether clinical speech deficits after brain injury are associated with functional speech reorganization...
- Is there a clustering effect on electroencephalographic seizure localization?Wonsuk Kim
Department of Neurology and Regional Epilepsy Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, United States
Epilepsy Res 108:684-91. 2014..In conclusion, seizures have the same localizing value whether occurring in a cluster over a few hours or sporadically over a few days. This could potentially lead to shorter monitoring times. ..
- Category-Specific Naming and Recognition in EpilepsyDaniel Drane; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..