JEFFREY N DRAINE
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Critical time intervention for reentry from prison for persons with mental illnessJeffrey Draine
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA 19104 6214, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1577-81. 2007..Although CTI is a potentially useful model for reentry services for this population, challenges remain in adapting it to specific correctional facilities, justice systems, and community contexts...
- The impact of mental illness status on the length of jail detention and the legal mechanism of jail releaseJeffrey Draine
School of Social Policy and Practice at the University of Pennsylvania, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:458-62. 2010..This analysis investigated whether persons with serious mental illnesses have longer jail detentions than other detainees and whether they are released by different legal mechanisms...
- Strategies to enhance linkages between care for HIV/AIDS in jail and community settingsJeffrey Draine
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
AIDS Care 23:366-77. 2011..The individual and multi-site evaluations aim to provide new data on testing, treatment, and community linkages from jails that will further develop our knowledge base on effective intervention strategies in these settings...
- Collaborations between criminal justice and mental health systems for prisoner reentryAmy Blank Wilson
University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy and Practice, 3701 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:875-8. 2006....
- Predicting incarceration of clients of a psychiatric probation and parole servicePhyllis Solomon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:50-6. 2002..This study assessed the extent to which clinical characteristics, psychiatric status, and use of mental health services explain incarceration for technical violations of probation or parole rather than incarceration for new offenses...
- Role of social disadvantage in crime, joblessness, and homelessness among persons with serious mental illnessJeffrey Draine
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:565-73. 2002..This relationship is often complicated and is not amenable to simple explanations. Research and policy that take this complexity into account may lead to greater effectiveness in interventions for persons with serious mental illness...
- Contrasting jail diversion and in-jail services for mental illness and substance abuse: do they serve the same clients?Jeffrey Draine
Social Work and Psychiatry, School of Social Work, Philadelphia, PA 10104, USA
Behav Sci Law 23:171-81. 2005..Different service models may attract and serve different populations of clients. Diversion services may cast a wider net that includes clients who may not have otherwise been involved in forensic services...
- Understanding community re-entry of former prisoners with mental illness: a conceptual model to guide new researchJeffrey Draine
University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Behav Sci Law 23:689-707. 2005..The model is designed to generate new questions for research that address both individual and community level issues...
- Investigating the impact of housing first on ACT fidelityJason Matejkowski
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Community Ment Health J 45:6-11. 2009..Other deviations may result from serving individuals that are more disconnected from social supports than other individuals with mental illness, with longer street histories, and greater involvement with substance use...
- Critical Time Intervention (CTI) for Men with Mental Illness Leaving PrisonJeffrey Draine; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will test the mediating role of growth in resources from community connections. ..
- Critical Time Intervention (CTI) for Men with Mental Illness Leaving PrisonJeffrey Draine; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the mediating role of growth in resources from community connections. ..
- Critical Time Intervention (CTI) for Men with Mental Illness Leaving PrisonJEFFREY N DRAINE; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test the mediating role of growth in resources from community connections. ..
- Education and Empowerment Intervention for HIV Prevention In and Out of JailJEFFREY N DRAINE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The primary outcomes are reduced HIV risk behavior and reduced likelihood of jail reincarceration. ..