Paul K Drain
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Low serum albumin and the acute phase response predict low serum selenium in HIV-1 infected womenPaul K Drain
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific, A 300 Health Sciences, Box 356340, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
BMC Infect Dis 6:85. 2006..Low serum selenium has been associated with lower CD4 counts and greater mortality among HIV-1-seropositive individuals, but most studies have not controlled for serum albumin and the presence of an acute phase response...
- Male circumcision, religion, and infectious diseases: an ecologic analysis of 118 developing countriesPaul K Drain
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
BMC Infect Dis 6:172. 2006..Most studies have been limited in size and have not adequately controlled for religion, so these relationships remain unclear...
- Micronutrients in HIV-positive persons receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyPaul K Drain
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 85:333-45. 2007....
- Global health in medical education: a call for more training and opportunitiesPaul K Drain
National Institutes of Health Fogarty Ellison Clinical Research Fellow, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Acad Med 82:226-30. 2007..Finally, the authors suggest several steps that medical schools can take to meet the growing global health interest of medical students, which will make them better physicians and strengthen our medical system...
- Correlates of national HIV seroprevalence: an ecologic analysis of 122 developing countriesPaul K Drain
School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:407-20. 2004..Ecologic analyses of social and developmental correlates of country-level HIV seroprevalence may suggest strategies for combating the HIV/AIDS epidemic...
- C-reactive protein independently predicts HIV-related outcomes among women and children in a resource-poor settingPaul K Drain
School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
AIDS 21:2067-75. 2007..To evaluate C-reactive protein (CRP) as a predictor of HIV-related outcomes among women and children in a resource-poor setting...
- Determinants of cervical cancer rates in developing countriesPaul K Drain
International Health Program, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Cancer 100:199-205. 2002..Finally, relatively low immunization rates and a shortage of health-care workers in countries with high CC rates suggest potential challenges for introducing prophylactic HPV vaccines...
- Recurrent giant molluscum contagiosum immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS) after initiation of antiretroviral therapy in an HIV-infected manPaul K Drain
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Int J STD AIDS 25:235-8. 2014..In the absence of well-controlled therapeutic trials, molluscum contagiosum IRIS presents important management challenges...
- Single-dose versus multi-dose vaccine vials for immunization programmes in developing countriesPaul K Drain
Program for Appropriate Technology in Health PATH, 1455 NW Leary Way, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
Bull World Health Organ 81:726-31. 2003..Prefilled AD injection devices will be particularly useful in expanding outreach services while eliminating the possibility of needle reuse...