D C Douek
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Assessment of thymic output in adults after haematopoietic stem-cell transplantation and prediction of T-cell reconstitutionD C Douek
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Lancet 355:1875-81. 2000....
- Quantification of thymic function by measuring T cell receptor excision circles within peripheral blood and lymphoid tissues in monkeysD L Sodora
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9113, USA
Eur J Immunol 30:1145-53. 2000..Our results indicate that production, trafficking, and proliferation of recent thymic emigrants in these two monkey species represents a useful animal model system for understanding human immunological disorders...
- Analysis of total human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-specific CD4(+) and CD8(+) T-cell responses: relationship to viral load in untreated HIV infectionM R Betts
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9113, USA
J Virol 75:11983-91. 2001..These results suggest that overall frequencies of HIV-specific T cells are not the sole determinant of immune-mediated protection in HIV-infection...
- Effect of HIV on thymic function before and after antiretroviral therapy in childrenD C Douek
Department of Internal Medicine and Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235 9113, USA
J Infect Dis 181:1479-82. 2000..This suggests that HIV has an adverse effect upon thymic function in pediatric HIV infection. Potent antiretroviral therapy restores thymic function but is affected by the degree to which virus suppression is achieved...
- Definitive separation of graft-versus-leukemia- and graft-versus-host-specific CD4+ T cells by virtue of their receptor beta loci sequencesJ Michalek
Cancer Immunobiology Center and Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1180-4. 2003..By using the appropriate TCRbeta CDR3-specific primers and probes, the GVH- and GVL-specific clones were monitored in a recipient undergoing an allogeneic stem cell transplant from her HLA-matched related donor...