William Chesnut Dooley
Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Ductal lavage for detection of cellular atypia in women at high risk for breast cancerW C Dooley
Institute for Breast Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, 73104, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1624-32. 2001..In this study, ductal lavage, a new procedure for collecting ductal cells with a microcatheter, was compared with nipple aspiration with regard to safety, tolerability, and the ability to detect abnormal breast epithelial cells...
- Mechanisms of improved outcomes for breast cancer between surgical oncologists and general surgeonsWilliam C Dooley
OU Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3248-51. 2011..Prior multi-institutional studies have reported a survival benefit of breast cancer treatment by surgical oncologists (SO) over general surgeons (GS)...
- Surgical perspectives from a prospective, nonrandomized, multicenter study of breast conserving surgery and adjuvant electronic brachytherapy for the treatment of breast cancerWilliam C Dooley
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 825 NE 10th Street Suite 4500, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
World J Surg Oncol 9:30. 2011..This report describes a lumpectomy procedure and examines patient, tumor, and surgical characteristics from a prospective, multicenter study of electronic brachytherapy...
- Focused microwave thermotherapy for preoperative treatment of invasive breast cancer: a review of clinical studiesWilliam C Dooley
Health Sciences Center, The University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1076-93. 2010..Results of four multi-institutional clinical studies of preoperative FMT for treating invasive carcinomas in the intact breast are reviewed...
- Breast ductoscopy and the evolution of the intra-ductal approach to breast cancerWilliam C Dooley
Department of Surgery, The University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73103, USA
Breast J 15:S90-4. 2009..Initial reports have demonstrated the types of operative findings in certain sub-populations early in the use of this technology...
- The future prospect: ductoscopy-directed brushing and biopsyWilliam Chesnut Dooley
Oklahoma University Breast Institute, Cade Cancer Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Clin Lab Med 25:845-50, ix. 2005..They will also offer considerable benefit in screening for premalignant changes and developing effective chemoprevention strategies...
- Understanding the mechanisms creating false positive lumpectomy marginsWilliam C Dooley
The OU Breast Institute, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 S L Young Blvd, Williams Pav Suite 2290, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Surg 190:606-8. 2005..To understand the mechanisms that create false positive margins, specimen handling was standardized in a single surgeon's practice and margin issues were tracked...
- Office-based breast ductoscopy for diagnosisWilliam C Dooley
The University of Oklahoma Breast Institute, 925 Stanton L Young Blvd, Room 2290, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, USA
Am J Surg 188:415-8. 2004..This study looks at the initial use of intraductal biopsy in a variety of settings from an academic university practice to a private single-surgeon office...
- Ductal lavage, nipple aspiration, and ductoscopy for breast cancer diagnosisWilliam C Dooley
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 5:63-5. 2003..These techniques have already begun to show value in defining the presence and extent of proliferative disease in high-risk patients, allowing for more informed therapeutic decision making...
- Do the CMS proposed breast cancer quality measures actually predict improved outcomes?William Dooley
Department of Surgery, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Surg 202:787-95; discussion 795. 2011..In 2007, professional collaborations developed a unified set of quality standards for breast cancer care...
- Routine operative breast endoscopy during lumpectomyWilliam C Dooley
University of Oklahoma Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:38-42. 2003..We hypothesized that fluid-producing ducts would likely connect to the site of the known cancerous or precancerous lesion and that endoscopic evaluation might reveal unsuspected additional disease...
- Routine operative breast endoscopy for bloody nipple dischargeWilliam C Dooley
OU Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 9:920-3. 2002..Submillimeter endoscopes are now available and have been described to assist surgeons in the evaluation and management of symptomatic nipple discharge...
- Nonsurgical ablation of primary breast cancerJason S Lees
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 825 NE 10th Street, Suite 5200, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 14:33-44. 2005..As these technologies are refined, and they mature; it is conceivable that the future treatment of breast cancer may be less morbid than the open breast biopsies now being used for just the diagnosis of the disease...
- The future of breast cancer screening and treatmentWilliam C Dooley
OU Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, USA
J Okla State Med Assoc 95:635-8. 2002
- Fifteen-year series of skin-sparing mastectomy for stage 0 to 2 breast cancerRoy M Greenway
OU Breast Institute, 920 S L Young Blvd, Suite 2290, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Surg 190:918-22. 2005..In 1989, skin-sparing mastectomy started at a number of breast centers in the United States because of an increasing demand for immediate reconstruction and a desire for better cosmetic outcomes...