William Chesnut Dooley
Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Redefining lumpectomy using a modification of the "sick lobe" hypothesis and ductal anatomyW Dooley
Department of Surgery, The University of Oklahoma Breast Institute and Division of Surgical Oncology, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma, OK 73104, USA
Int J Breast Cancer 2011:726384. 2011..Conclusions. Targeting breast cancer lumpectomy using endoscopy and excision of regional associated proliferation seems associated with lower recurrence in this non-randomized series...
- Electronic brachytherapy as adjuvant therapy for early stage breast cancer: a retrospective analysisWilliam C Dooley
Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Onco Targets Ther 4:13-20. 2011..Dosimetric data from the EBT treatment plans were compared with those based on iridium-192 HDR brachytherapy...
- Use of electronic brachytherapy to deliver postsurgical adjuvant radiation therapy for endometrial cancer: a retrospective multicenter studyWilliam C Dooley
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
Onco Targets Ther 3:197-203. 2010..This retrospective, multicenter study evaluated the feasibility and safety of high-dose rate electronic brachytherapy (EBT) as a postsurgical adjuvant radiation therapy for endometrial cancer...
- Do the CMS proposed breast cancer quality measures actually predict improved outcomes?William Dooley
Department of Surgery, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Surg 202:787-95; discussion 795. 2011..In 2007, professional collaborations developed a unified set of quality standards for breast cancer care...
- Mechanisms of improved outcomes for breast cancer between surgical oncologists and general surgeonsWilliam C Dooley
OU Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3248-51. 2011..Prior multi-institutional studies have reported a survival benefit of breast cancer treatment by surgical oncologists (SO) over general surgeons (GS)...
- Surgical perspectives from a prospective, nonrandomized, multicenter study of breast conserving surgery and adjuvant electronic brachytherapy for the treatment of breast cancerWilliam C Dooley
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 825 NE 10th Street Suite 4500, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
World J Surg Oncol 9:30. 2011..This report describes a lumpectomy procedure and examines patient, tumor, and surgical characteristics from a prospective, multicenter study of electronic brachytherapy...
- Focused microwave thermotherapy for preoperative treatment of invasive breast cancer: a review of clinical studiesWilliam C Dooley
Health Sciences Center, The University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1076-93. 2010..Results of four multi-institutional clinical studies of preoperative FMT for treating invasive carcinomas in the intact breast are reviewed...
- Breast ductoscopy and the evolution of the intra-ductal approach to breast cancerWilliam C Dooley
Department of Surgery, The University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73103, USA
Breast J 15:S90-4. 2009..Initial reports have demonstrated the types of operative findings in certain sub-populations early in the use of this technology...
- The future prospect: ductoscopy-directed brushing and biopsyWilliam Chesnut Dooley
Oklahoma University Breast Institute, Cade Cancer Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Clin Lab Med 25:845-50, ix. 2005..They will also offer considerable benefit in screening for premalignant changes and developing effective chemoprevention strategies...
- Understanding the mechanisms creating false positive lumpectomy marginsWilliam C Dooley
The OU Breast Institute, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 920 S L Young Blvd, Williams Pav Suite 2290, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Surg 190:606-8. 2005..To understand the mechanisms that create false positive margins, specimen handling was standardized in a single surgeon's practice and margin issues were tracked...
- Office-based breast ductoscopy for diagnosisWilliam C Dooley
The University of Oklahoma Breast Institute, 925 Stanton L Young Blvd, Room 2290, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, USA
Am J Surg 188:415-8. 2004..This study looks at the initial use of intraductal biopsy in a variety of settings from an academic university practice to a private single-surgeon office...
- Ductal lavage, nipple aspiration, and ductoscopy for breast cancer diagnosisWilliam C Dooley
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 5:63-5. 2003..These techniques have already begun to show value in defining the presence and extent of proliferative disease in high-risk patients, allowing for more informed therapeutic decision making...
- Ductal lavage for detection of cellular atypia in women at high risk for breast cancerW C Dooley
Institute for Breast Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, 73104, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1624-32. 2001..In this study, ductal lavage, a new procedure for collecting ductal cells with a microcatheter, was compared with nipple aspiration with regard to safety, tolerability, and the ability to detect abnormal breast epithelial cells...
- Routine operative breast endoscopy during lumpectomyWilliam C Dooley
University of Oklahoma Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:38-42. 2003..We hypothesized that fluid-producing ducts would likely connect to the site of the known cancerous or precancerous lesion and that endoscopic evaluation might reveal unsuspected additional disease...
- Routine operative breast endoscopy for bloody nipple dischargeWilliam C Dooley
OU Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 9:920-3. 2002..Submillimeter endoscopes are now available and have been described to assist surgeons in the evaluation and management of symptomatic nipple discharge...
- Nonsurgical ablation of primary breast cancerJason S Lees
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 825 NE 10th Street, Suite 5200, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 14:33-44. 2005..As these technologies are refined, and they mature; it is conceivable that the future treatment of breast cancer may be less morbid than the open breast biopsies now being used for just the diagnosis of the disease...
- The future of breast cancer screening and treatmentWilliam C Dooley
OU Breast Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, USA
J Okla State Med Assoc 95:635-8. 2002
- Fifteen-year series of skin-sparing mastectomy for stage 0 to 2 breast cancerRoy M Greenway
OU Breast Institute, 920 S L Young Blvd, Suite 2290, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Surg 190:918-22. 2005..In 1989, skin-sparing mastectomy started at a number of breast centers in the United States because of an increasing demand for immediate reconstruction and a desire for better cosmetic outcomes...