Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Sheng Y, Li W, Zhu F, Liu K, Chen H, Yao K, et al. 3,6,2',4',5'-Pentahydroxyflavone, an orally bioavailable multiple protein kinase inhibitor, overcomes gefitinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancer. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28192-201 pubmed publisher..Overall, we identified 36245-PHF as a multiple protein kinase inhibitor and as a novel therapeutic agent to overcome gefitinib-resistant NSCLC growth, which could provide a new option for clinical NSCLC oral treatment. ..
- Zhang T, Wang Q, Fredimoses M, Gao G, Wang K, Chen H, et al. The Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) Chalcones 4-hydroxyderricin and Xanthoangelol Suppress Melanomagenesis By Targeting BRAF and PI3K. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2018;11:607-620 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Prev Res; 11(10); 607-20. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Bode A, Dong Z. Toxic phytochemicals and their potential risks for human cancer. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2015;8:1-8 pubmed publisher..However, this is not always the case and in fact many natural compounds found in several commonly consumed plants are potential carcinogens or tumor promoters and should be avoided. ..
- Kang S, Kim J, Li Y, Jung S, Song N, Thimmegowda N, et al. Hirsutenone in Alnus extract inhibits akt activity and suppresses prostate cancer cell proliferation. Mol Carcinog. 2015;54:1354-62 pubmed publisher..Our results show that hirsutenone suppresses human prostate cancer by targeting Akt1 and 2 as a key component to explain for anti-cancer activity of Alnus species. ..
- Roh E, Lee M, Zykova T, Zhu F, Nadas J, Kim H, et al. Targeting PRPK and TOPK for skin cancer prevention and therapy. Oncogene. 2018;37:5633-5647 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to demonstrate that targeting PRPK could be useful against sUV-induced cSCC development. ..
- Jung S, Lee M, Lim D, Kim J, Singh P, Lee S, et al. Isoliquiritigenin induces apoptosis and inhibits xenograft tumor growth of human lung cancer cells by targeting both wild type and L858R/T790M mutant EGFR. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:35839-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, ILQ suppresses NSCLC cell growth by directly targeting wild type or mutant EGFR. ..
- Lim T, Kim J, Lee S, Park J, Yeom M, Chen H, et al. The daidzein metabolite, 6,7,4'-Trihydroxyisoflavone, is a novel inhibitor of PKCÎ± in suppressing solar UV-induced matrix metalloproteinase 1. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:21419-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, we elucidated the inhibitory effect of 6,7,4'-THIF on sUV-induced MMPs and suggest PKCÎ± as its direct molecular target. ..
- Zykova T, Zhu F, Wang L, Li H, Lim D, Yao K, et al. Targeting PRPK Function Blocks Colon Cancer Metastasis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2018;17:1101-1113 pubmed publisher..We contend that the combination of FA with 5-FU could be an alternative therapeutic strategy to traditional chemotherapy for colon cancer patients with poor prognosis. Mol Cancer Ther; 17(5); 1101-13. Â©2018 AACR. ..
- Li Y, Li X, Dong Z. Statistical analysis of EGFR structures' performance in virtual screening. J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2015;29:1045-55 pubmed publisher..In MM-PBSA, a variety of EGFR structures have identically good performance in the scoring and ranking of known inhibitors, indicating that the choice of the receptor structure has little effect on the screening. ..
- Song N, Lee E, Byun S, Kim J, Mottamal M, Park J, et al. Isoangustone A, a novel licorice compound, inhibits cell proliferation by targeting PI3K, MKK4, and MKK7 in human melanoma. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2013;6:1293-303 pubmed publisher..This insight into the biologic actions of IAA provides a molecular basis for the potential development of a new chemotherapeutic agent. ..
- Yao K, Lee S, Peng C, Lim D, Yamamoto H, Ryu J, et al. RSK2 is required for TRAF6 phosphorylation-mediated colon inflammation. Oncogene. 2018;37:3501-3513 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that phosphorylation of TRAF6 (S46, 47, 48) by RSK2 is required for TRAF6 K63 ubiquitination and inflammation signaling. ..
- Yeung Y, Yin S, Lu B, Fan S, Yang R, Bai R, et al. Losmapimod Overcomes Gefitinib Resistance in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer by Preventing Tetraploidization. EBioMedicine. 2018;28:51-61 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings suggest that losmapimod could be a potential clinical agent to overcome gefitinib resistance in NSCLC. ..
- Zhao R, Choi B, Lee M, Bode A, Dong Z. Implications of Genetic and Epigenetic Alterations of CDKN2A (p16(INK4a)) in Cancer. EBioMedicine. 2016;8:30-39 pubmed publisher..This review highlights the genetic status of CDKN2A as a prognostic and predictive biomarker in various cancers. ..
- Cho H, Lim D, Kwon G, Kim J, Huang Z, Song H, et al. Benzyl Isothiocyanate Inhibits Prostate Cancer Development in the Transgenic Adenocarcinoma Mouse Prostate (TRAMP) Model, Which Is Associated with the Induction of Cell Cycle G1 Arrest. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:264 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that inhibition of cell cycle progression contributes to the inhibition of prostate cancer development in TRAMP mice treated with BITC. ..
- Wang Q, Gao G, Zhang T, Yao K, Chen H, Park M, et al. TRAF1 Is Critical for Regulating the BRAF/MEK/ERK Pathway in Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2018;78:3982-3994 pubmed publisher..b>Significance: These findings identify TRAF1 as a new therapeutic target for NSCLC. Cancer Res; 78(14); 3982-94. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Yamamoto H, Ryu J, Min E, Oi N, Bai R, Zykova T, et al. TRAF1 Is Critical for DMBA/Solar UVR-Induced Skin Carcinogenesis. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1322-1332 pubmed publisher..Targeting TRAF1 function might lead to strategies for preventing and treating skin cancer. ..
- Kim S, Kim M, Cho Y, Yao K, Kim D, Jeong C, et al. ERK1 phosphorylates Nanog to regulate protein stability and stem cell self-renewal. Stem Cell Res. 2014;13:1-11 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrated that ERKs-mediated Nanog phosphorylation plays an important role in self-renewal of ES cells through FBXW8-mediated Nanog protein stability. ..
- Zykova T, Zhu F, Wang L, Li H, Bai R, Lim D, et al. The T-LAK Cell-originated Protein Kinase Signal Pathway Promotes Colorectal Cancer Metastasis. EBioMedicine. 2017;18:73-82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that TOPK directly promotes metastasis of colorectal cancer by modulating PRPK. Thus, these findings may assist in the prediction of prognosis or development of new therapeutic strategies against colon cancer. ..
- Shin S, Lim D, Reddy K, Malakhova M, Liu F, Wang T, et al. A Small Molecule Inhibitor of the ?-Catenin-TCF4 Interaction Suppresses Colorectal Cancer Growth In Vitro and In Vivo. EBioMedicine. 2017;25:22-31 pubmed publisher..The different sensitivities of PDX tumors to HI-B1 were dependent on the ?-catenin expression level and potentially could be further exploited for biomarker development and therapeutic applications against colon cancer. ..
- Kim J, Lee S, Jang M, Choi H, Kim J, Chen H, et al. Coumestrol Epigenetically Suppresses Cancer Cell Proliferation: Coumestrol Is a Natural Haspin Kinase Inhibitor. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the anti-cancer effect of coumestrol is due to the direct targeting of haspin kinase. Coumestrol has considerable potential for further development as a novel anti-cancer agent. ..
- Bae K, Yu D, Lee K, Yao K, Ryu J, Lim D, et al. Serine 347 Phosphorylation by JNKs Negatively Regulates OCT4 Protein Stability in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;9:2050-2064 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that OCT4 phosphorylation on serine 347 by JNKs plays an important role in its stability, transcriptional activities, and self-renewal of mouse ESCs. ..
- Byun S, Shin S, Lee E, Lee J, Lee S, Farrand L, et al. The retinoic acid derivative, ABPN, inhibits pancreatic cancer through induction of Nrdp1. Carcinogenesis. 2015;36:1580-9 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that ABPN may be more suitable in combination chemotherapy with gemcitabine than the more widely used EGFR inhibitor, erlotinib. ..