G R Donenberg
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Sexual experience among emotionally and behaviorally disordered students in therapeutic day schools: an ecological examination of adolescent riskGeri R Donenberg
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 37:904-13. 2012....
- Sexual risk among African American girls: psychopathology and mother-daughter relationshipsGeri R Donenberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:153-8. 2011..Youths with mental health problems report higher rates of HIV-risk behavior than do their peers, and African American girls have higher rates of sexually transmitted infections than do girls of all other racial groups...
- Does substance use moderate the effects of parents and peers on risky sexual behaviour?Geri R Donenberg
Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60608, USA
AIDS Care 18:194-200. 2006..The disinhibiting effects of substance use on decision-making and the need for effective parental monitoring to reduce opportunities for risk behaviour are discussed...
- Introduction to the special section on families, youth, and HIV: family-based intervention studiesGeri R Donenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Room 155 MC747, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 31:869-73. 2006
- Youths and HIV/AIDS: psychiatry's role in a changing epidemicGeri R Donenberg
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:728-47. 2005....
- Applying a cognitive-behavioral model of HIV risk to youths in psychiatric careGeri R Donenberg
Institute for Juvenile Research at the University of Illinois at Chicago, 60608, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 17:200-16. 2005..The most powerful explanatory model will likely include a combination of cognitive, behavioral, developmental, social (e.g., family), and personal (e.g., psychopathology) risk mechanisms...
- Tracing the roots of early sexual debut among adolescents in psychiatric careGeri R Donenberg
Institute for Juvenile Research, Univeresity of Illinois at Chicago, 840 South Wood, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:594-608. 2003..To identify the most important social and personal characteristics related to early sexual debut among troubled teenagers...
- Holding the line with a watchful eye: the impact of perceived parental permissiveness and parental monitoring on risky sexual behavior among adolescents in psychiatric careGeri R Donenberg
Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:138-57. 2002....
- Understanding AIDS-risk behavior among adolescents in psychiatric care: links to psychopathology and peer relationshipsG R Donenberg
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University Medical School and Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:642-53. 2001..This pilot study used structural equation modeling to conduct a path analysis to explore the direct and indirect effects of adolescent psychopathology on risky sex, drug/alcohol use, and needle use...
- HIV/AIDS communication among adolescents in psychiatric care and their parentsCarla M Nappi
Department of Psychology, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago, USA
J Fam Psychol 21:637-44. 2007..However, for boys and girls in psychiatric care, teaching parents how to discuss HIV/AIDS may promote safer sexual behavior...
- Mechanisms linking violence exposure to health risk behavior in adolescence: motivation to cope and sensation seekingSonya S Brady
Health Psychology Program, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:673-80. 2006..This study examined two potential mechanisms linking violence exposure and health risk behavior among adolescents in psychiatric care: sensation seeking and coping with stress through escape behavior...
- Methamphetamine and young men who have sex with men: understanding patterns and correlates of use and the association with HIV-related sexual riskRobert Garofalo
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Hospital Northwestern University, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:591-6. 2007..To examine patterns, consequences, and correlates of methamphetamine use among adolescent and young adult men who have sex with men (YMSM)...
- Development of the Therapy Procedures Checklist: a therapist-report measure of technique use in child and adolescent treatmentV Robin Weersing
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 31:168-80. 2002..The findings suggest the TPC may be a psychometrically sound measure and a useful assessment tool in youth therapy research...