Genomes and Genes
Steven E Domino
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Interdisciplinary research career development: building interdisciplinary research careers in women's health program best practicesSteven E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, L4100 Von Voigtlander Women s Hospital, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5276, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:1587-601. 2011..quot; As of 2010, 407 scholars have been supported in interdisciplinary women's health research and a total of 63 BIRCWH program awards have been made to 41 institutions across the U.S...
- Cell surface fucosylation does not affect development of colon tumors in mice with germline Smad3 mutationSteven E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
Tumour Biol 28:77-83. 2007..Spontaneous colorectal tumors from mice with a germline null mutation of transforming growth factor-beta signaling gene Smad3 (Madh3) were tested for alpha(1,2)fucosylated glycan expression...
- Opportunities and challenges of interdisciplinary research career development: implementation of a women's health research training programSteven E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0617, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:256-61. 2007..A second cohort of 12 centers, called BIRCWH II, was funded in 2002...
- Cervical mucins carry alpha(1,2)fucosylated glycans that partly protect from experimental vaginal candidiasisSteven E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
Glycoconj J 26:1125-34. 2009..Intravaginal instillation of recombinant MUC1 glycanpolymer partially reduced experimental yeast vaginitis suggesting that a large glycanpolymer, with different glycan epitopes, may affect fungal burden...
- LacZ expression in Fut2-LacZ reporter mice reveals estrogen-regulated endocervical glandular expression during estrous cycle, hormone replacement, and pregnancySteven E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, 6428 Medical Science I Box 0617, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0617, USA
Glycobiology 14:169-75. 2004..Endocervical expression of Fut2 in estrus and pregnancy may modify cervical mucus barrier properties from microbial infection analogous to the potential role of mucosal glycans in humans...
- Deficiency of reproductive tract alpha(1,2)fucosylated glycans and normal fertility in mice with targeted deletions of the FUT1 or FUT2 alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase locusS E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6428 Medical Science Bldg 1, The University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 West Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:8336-45. 2001....
- Molecular cloning, genomic mapping, and expression of two secretor blood group alpha (1,2)fucosyltransferase genes differentially regulated in mouse uterine epithelium and gastrointestinal tractS E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0650, USA
J Biol Chem 276:23748-56. 2001..FUT2 expression localizes to luminal uterine epithelium by in situ hybridization, implying that this gene determines expression of cell surface Fucalpha1-->2Galbeta epitopes proposed to mediate blastocyst adhesion...
- Gastrointestinal mucins of Fut2-null mice lack terminal fucosylation without affecting colonization by Candida albicansElizabeth A Hurd
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, 6428 Medical Science I Box 0617, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0617, USA
Glycobiology 15:1002-7. 2005..albicans-host interaction in the intestine, highlighting that infections caused by the same organism at different mucosal surfaces are not equal...
- Molecular cloning, chromosomal assignment and tissue-specific expression of a murine alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase expressed in thymic and epididymal epithelial cellsS E Domino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0650, USA
Biochem J 327:105-15. 1997..Hybridization analyses in situ localize expression of FUT1 transcripts to thymic medullary and epididymal epithelial cells, implying that this gene determines the expression of cell surface Fucalpha(1-2)Galbeta epitopes in these tissues...
- Increased susceptibility of secretor factor gene Fut2-null mice to experimental vaginal candidiasisElizabeth A Hurd
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6428 Medical Science I, Box 0617, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0617, USA
Infect Immun 72:4279-81. 2004..However, the lack of significant effect of competitive inhibition by exogenous neoglycoproteins in this study emphasizes the complexity of Candida-epithelial cell adhesion events...
- A novel role for inducible Fut2 in angiogenesisPei Suen Tsou
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
Angiogenesis 16:195-205. 2013..Angiogenesis plays an important role in wound healing and tumor growth. Fucosyltransferases synthesize fucosylated glycans and may play a major role in vascular biology...
- Polarity proteins control ciliogenesis via kinesin motor interactionsShuling Fan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Curr Biol 14:1451-61. 2004..Retinitis pigmentosa can be caused by loss-of-function mutations in the polarity protein Crumbs1 (CRB1), but the exact role of CRB1 in retinal function is unclear...
- Genetic manipulation of blood group carbohydrates alters development and pathfinding of primary sensory axons of the olfactory systemsJames A St John
Brain Growth and Regeneration Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Queensland, Australia
Dev Biol 298:470-84. 2006..These results provide in vivo evidence for a role of specific cell surface carbohydrates during development of the olfactory nerve pathways...
- Tissue-specific loss of fucosylated glycolipids in mice with targeted deletion of alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase genesMasao Iwamori
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Kinki University, 3 4 1 Kowakae, Higashiosaka, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Biochem J 380:75-81. 2004..Ileum, epididymis, and testis retained specific fucosylated glycolipids, irrespective of targeted deletion of either gene, indicating either compensation for or redundancy of the alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase genes in these tissues...
- Intestinal mucins from cystic fibrosis mice show increased fucosylation due to an induced Fucalpha1-2 glycosyltransferaseKristina A Thomsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Goteborg University, Medicinaregatan 9A, 41390 Gothenburg, Sweden
Biochem J 367:609-16. 2002..The reason for this up-regulation could be a direct or indirect effect of a non-functional CF transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) caused by the absence of CFTR channel...
- Fucosylated cell surface molecules in tumor invasionSTEVEN DOMINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..and in 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced tumors, in the presence and absence of cell surface alpha(1,2)fucose by crossing mice into the Fut1 and Fut2 null background. ..