Samuel R Dominguez
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Preventing coronary artery abnormalities: a need for earlier diagnosis and treatment of Kawasaki diseaseSamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine and Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:1217-20. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore the timing of coronary artery (CA) abnormalities in light of the expanding clinical spectrum of Kawasaki disease (KD)...
- Rhino/enteroviruses in hospitalized children: a comparison to influenza virusesKevin Messacar
Children s Hospital Colorado, Section of Infectious Diseases, Aurora, CO 80045, United States
J Clin Virol 56:41-5. 2013..The relative impact of human rhino/enteroviruses (HRV/EV) compared to influenza viruses on hospitalized children is unknown...
- Kawasaki disease and the pediatric gastroenterologist: a diagnostic challengeMohammed Eladawy
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine and Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:297-9. 2013..In the present study, we report a series of patients with KD in whom a gastroenterology consult was obtained before consideration of the diagnosis of KD...
- Advances in the treatment of Kawasaki diseaseSamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 25:103-9. 2013..Although there is no conclusive body of evidence defining the best second and third-line therapies for Kawasaki patients, there have been several recent studies published describing the results of these therapies...
- Multiplex MassTag-PCR for respiratory pathogens in pediatric nasopharyngeal washes negative by conventional diagnostic testing shows a high prevalence of viruses belonging to a newly recognized rhinovirus cladeSamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Clin Virol 43:219-22. 2008..Respiratory infections are the most common infectious diseases in humans worldwide and are a leading cause of death in children less than 5 years of age...
- Genomic analysis of 16 Colorado human NL63 coronaviruses identifies a new genotype, high sequence diversity in the N-terminal domain of the spike gene and evidence of recombinationSamuel R Dominguez
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Anschutz Medical Campus, 12800 E 19th Ave, Room P18 9403B, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Gen Virol 93:2387-98. 2012..Ten different amino acid sequences were found in the NTD of the spike protein among these NL63 strains and the 75 partial published sequences of NTDs from strains found at different times throughout the world...