Therese A Dolecek
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Prediagnosis food patterns are associated with length of survival from epithelial ovarian cancerTherese A Dolecek
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 110:369-82. 2010..Indeed, three recent studies outside the United States have suggested that diet plays a role in ovarian cancer survival...
- Smoking cessation processes in low-SES women: the impact of time-varying pregnancy status, health care messages, stress, and health concernsKathleen S Crittenden
Sociology Department, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison St M C 312, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Addict Behav 32:1347-66. 2007....
- A path model of smoking cessation in women smokers of low socio-economic statusClara Manfredi
Program for Cancer Control and Population Science, University of Illinois Cancer Center at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Health Educ Res 22:747-56. 2007....
- Neighborhood change and distant metastasis at diagnosis of breast cancerRichard E Barrett
Sociology Department, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Ann Epidemiol 18:43-7. 2008..To test whether upward socioeconomic neighborhood change has an effect on probability of distant metastasis at diagnosis of breast cancer among women who live there...
- Economic, racial and ethnic disparities in breast cancer in the US: towards a more comprehensive modelRichard T Campbell
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Health Place 15:855-64. 2009..Women in high-poverty areas are at substantially greater risk for late-stage diagnosis. The effects of poverty do not differ by age or across racial and ethnic groups...
- Primary CNS germ cell tumors in Japan and the United States: an analysis of 4 tumor registriesBridget J McCarthy
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Neuro Oncol 14:1194-200. 2012..The incidence of primary GCTs is similar between Japan and the United States and has the same gender-based patterns by location. High rates of survival were observed in both countries...
- Improved survival time trends for glioblastoma using the SEER 17 population-based registriesMatthew Koshy
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Neurooncol 107:207-12. 2012..6 months and 26% seen in the EORTC/NCIC phase III study. These results are encouraging and suggest that the current treatment of glioblastoma nationwide is now associated with an improved survival compared to previous time cohorts...
- Racial differences in stage at diagnosis and survival from epithelial ovarian cancer: a fundamental cause of disease approachSeijeoung Kim
University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Public Health, Division of Health Policy and Administration, Chicago, IL 60612, United States
Soc Sci Med 71:274-81. 2010..2. The findings show that fundamental cause perspective provides a potential framework to explore subtleties in racial disparities, with which broader social causes may be accounted for in explaining post diagnosis racial differences...
- Neighborhood changes in concentrated immigration and late stage breast cancer diagnosisYoung Ik Cho
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:9-14. 2011..They further suggest that cancer screening and follow-up resources should be directed to areas experiencing rapid increases in immigrant populations...