Christian R Dolder
Affiliation: University of California
- Antipsychotic medication adherence: is there a difference between typical and atypical agents?Christian R Dolder
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego 92161, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:103-8. 2002..Pharmacy refill records were used to compare medication adherence in outpatient veterans receiving typical versus atypical antipsychotic medications...
- Adherence to antipsychotic and nonpsychiatric medications in middle-aged and older patients with psychotic disordersChristian R Dolder
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Psychosom Med 65:156-62. 2003....
- Pharmacists' use of and attitudes and beliefs about alternative medicationsChristian Dolder
Geriatric Psychiatry Intervention Research Center, University of California at San Diego, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, Mail Code 116A 1, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:1352-7. 2003
- Antipsychotic polypharmacy trends among Medicaid beneficiaries with schizophrenia in San Diego County, 1999-2004Todd P Gilmer
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0622, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1007-10. 2007..This study examined trends and costs of second-generation antipsychotic polypharmacy among Medicaid beneficiaries with schizophrenia in San Diego County...
- Prevalence of and risk factors for medication nonadherence in patients with schizophrenia: a comprehensive review of recent literatureJonathan P Lacro
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, and Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, 92161, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:892-909. 2002..This article reviews recent literature on the prevalence of and risk factors for medication nonadherence in patients with schizophrenia...
- Interventions to improve antipsychotic medication adherence: review of recent literatureChristian R Dolder
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:389-99. 2003..The continuing development and study of successful interventions to improve medication adherence are necessary to maximize the usefulness of pharmacologic treatment of schizophrenia...
- Atypical antipsychotics in elderly patients with dementia or schizophrenia: review of recent literatureDilip V Jeste
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, and Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System 116A 1, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 13:340-51. 2005..Clinical judgment, caution, and consent should be the watchwords in this area of psychopharmacology...
- Antihypertensive medication adherence and blood pressure control in patients with psychotic disorders compared to persons without psychiatric illnessChristian R Dolder
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Psychosomatics 46:135-41. 2005..The results highlight the need for clinicians to monitor closely the management of medical comorbidity in patients with schizophrenia and related disorders...
- Brief evaluation of medication influences and beliefs: development and testing of a brief scale for medication adherenceChristian R Dolder
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:404-9. 2004..The purpose of this study was to develop and test a brief scale (Brief Evaluation of Medication Influences and Beliefs [BEMIB]) designed to identify patients who are more likely to be nonadherent to their antipsychotic medication...
- Adherence to treatment with antipsychotic medication and health care costs among Medicaid beneficiaries with schizophreniaTodd P Gilmer
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0622, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:692-9. 2004..The authors' goal was to evaluate the relationship between adherence to treatment with antipsychotic medication and health expenditures. A secondary objective was to identify risk factors predictive of nonadherence...
- Treatment of non-schizophrenic disorders: focus on atypical antipsychoticsDilip V Jeste
University of California, San Diego, San Diego VA Medical Centre 116A 1, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Psychiatr Res 38:73-103. 2004..Due to the frequent clinical use of atypical antipsychotics as adjunctive therapy, well-designed trials of these agents in non-schizophrenic disorders are necessary...
- Incidence of tardive dyskinesia with typical versus atypical antipsychotics in very high risk patientsChristian R Dolder
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, and Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare Sysytem, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:1142-5. 2003..Among patients at a very high risk for worsening tardive dyskinesia, the use of atypical antipsychotics was associated with a significantly lower risk of developing definitive tardive dyskinesia compared with conventional antipsychotics...
- HIV, psychosis and aging: past, present and futureChristian R Dolder
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, and Pharmacy Service, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, USA
AIDS 18:S35-42. 2004....
- Pharmacological treatment of psychosis and agitation in elderly patients with dementia: four decades of experienceSandra S Kindermann
University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Drugs Aging 19:257-76. 2002..Additional large-scale, well-controlled studies are needed before conclusive statements regarding the value of treatment of psychosis and agitation with atypical antipsychotics and non-antipsychotic agents can be made...
- Cognitive predictors of medication adherence among middle-aged and older outpatients with schizophreniaShafali D Jeste
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Schizophr Res 63:49-58. 2003....
- A prospective study of risk factors for nonadherence with antipsychotic medication in the treatment of schizophreniaHaya Ascher-Svanum
Eli Lilly and Co, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1114-23. 2006..This study aimed to prospectively identify the best single predictor and the best set of predictors of risk for nonadherence with anti-psychotic medication in the treatment of patients with schizophrenia...
- Cardiovascular medication prescribing in older adults with psychiatric disordersChristian R Dolder
Wingate University School of Pharmacy, Wingate, NC 28174, USA
Consult Pharm 22:660-8. 2007..Secondary aims included examining: 1) if differences in CV medication prescribing existed between admission and discharge and 2) if differences in CV medication prescribing existed between patients with and without dementia...