M Margaret Dolcini
Affiliation: University of California
- Friends in the 'hood: Should peer-based health promotion programs target nonschool friendship networks?M Margaret Dolcini
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:267.e6-15. 2005..To examine the characteristics of inner city African-American adolescents nonschool-based and school-based friendship networks and to explore the influence of these networks on health risk behavior...
- The HIV epidemic among older men who have sex with menM Margaret Dolcini
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California at San Francisco, 94105, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:S115-21. 2003..Given high levels of risk behavior among MSM through the sixth decade of life, the authors would expect an older MSM epidemic of substantially larger proportion than that observed in the 1980s and 1990s...
- An assessment of the validity of adolescent self-reported smoking using three biological indicatorsM Margaret Dolcini
Department of Medicine, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 5:473-83. 2003..Assessments of individual adolescents' smoking were most accurate when smoking was recent and when cotinine was used and smokeless tobacco could be identified. Prevalence estimates of smoking were similar with self-reports and cotinine...
- Theoretical domains: a heuristic for teaching behavioral theory in HIV/STD prevention coursesM Margaret Dolcini
Department of Medicine, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies and the Center for Health and Community, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0848, USA
Health Promot Pract 5:404-17. 2004..Each domain is described, and a brief overview of supporting literature is provided. Following the presentation of domains, we discuss course structure and activities...
- A response to "developing standards in behavioral surveillance for HIV/STD prevention"Joseph A Catania
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, Universtiy of California-San Francisco 94105, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:343-7. 2002
- IRB Chairs' Perspectives on Genomics Research Involving Stored Biological Materials: Ethical Concerns and Proposed SolutionsLeslie E Wolf
University of California, San Francisco
J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics 3:99-111. 2008....
- The role of close friends in African American adolescents' dating and sexual behaviorGary W Harper
Department of Psychology, DePaul University, 2219 N Kenmore Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Sex Res 41:351-62. 2004..Future directions for research with African American adolescents and sexuality are also discussed...
- Preliminary findings on a brief friendship-based HIV/STI intervention for urban African American youth: project OREM Margaret Dolcini
College of Health and Human Sciences, Department of Public Health, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 6406, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:629-33. 2008..Using a no-control design, we found that the program is feasible, acceptable, and demonstrates promise with regard to changes in HIV/STI-related knowledge, beliefs, social norms, and behavior...
- Adolescents' reasons for having sex: gender differencesEmily J Ozer
J Adolesc Health 33:317-9. 2003
- Assessing HIV prevention provider knowledge of behavior science theory: building on existing intuitive experienceAlice A Gandelman
Community Prevention Intervention Section, California STD/HIV Prevention Training Center, Berkeley, California, USA
Health Promot Pract 6:299-307. 2005..Better translation of research into practice using theory-based interventions will benefit the field of STD/HIV prevention...