Affiliation: University of Washington
- Viewpoint: reflections on a well-traveled path: self-awareness, mindful practice, and relationship-centered care as foundations for medical educationSharon Dobie
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Acad Med 82:422-7. 2007....
- How well do birth certificates describe the pregnancies they report? The Washington State experience with low-risk pregnanciesS A Dobie
University of Washington, Department of Family Medicine, Seattle 98195 6390, USA
Matern Child Health J 2:145-54. 1998..This study assesses the validity of information recorded on the birth certificates for women in Washington State who were considered to be low risk at entry into care...
- Reproductive health services in rural Washington State: scope of practice and provision of medical abortions, 1996-1997S A Dobie
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6390, USA
Am J Public Health 90:624-6. 2000..This study explored reproductive health care in rural Washington State, reasons given by providers for not offering abortions, and providers' willingness to use medical abortifacients...
- Wyoming physicians are significant providers of safety net careSharon A Dobie
Rural Health Research Center, Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Box 356390, Seattle, WA 98195 6390, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 18:470-7. 2005..This study describes the contributions of family and general practice physicians from Wyoming to the health care safety net...
- Completion of therapy by Medicare patients with stage III colon cancerSharon A Dobie
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6390, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:610-9. 2006..We investigated mortality as a means to testing the validity of the completion measure that we created...
- Survival benefits and trends in use of adjuvant therapy among elderly stage II and III rectal cancer patients in the general populationSharon A Dobie
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Cancer 112:789-99. 2008..This study examined elderly stage II and III rectal cancer patients' adjuvant chemoradiation therapy adherence, trends in adherence over time, and the relation of levels of adherence to mortality...
- Where do medical students turn? The role of the assigned mentor in the fabric of support during medical schoolAnne Marie Amies Oelschlager
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 6460, USA
Teach Learn Med 23:112-7. 2011..The College Mentors are assigned at matriculation, advise students throughout medical school, and teach and evaluate students in the 2nd-year Introduction to Clinical Medicine course...
- Do primary care physicians lose contact with their colorectal cancer patients?Sharon Dobie
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 6390, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:704-9. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine whether colorectal cancer (CRC) patients are less likely to see their primary care physicians after cancer diagnosis...
- Community's voice in managing childhood asthma: the assessment phase of researchJane W Peterson
Seattle University, College of Nursing, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 16:747-59. 2005..The community's voice is important in assessment and design of health improvement projects. Incorporating the community's suggestions gives the community a sense of contributing to the health care of their children with asthma...
- Surgeon and hospital characteristics as predictors of major adverse outcomes following colon cancer surgery: understanding the volume-outcome relationshipKevin G Billingsley
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Arch Surg 142:23-31; discussion 32. 2007..We hypothesize that there are modifiable surgeon and hospital characteristics that explain observed volume-outcome relationships...