Wen Xing Ding
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Williams J, Ding W. Targeting Pink1-Parkin-mediated mitophagy for treating liver injury. Pharmacol Res. 2015;102:264-9 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss regulation of Parkin-mediated mitophagy and possible therapeutic targets of intervention in this pathway. ..
- Ni H, McGill M, Chao X, Woolbright B, Jaeschke H, Ding W. Caspase Inhibition Prevents Tumor Necrosis Factor-?-Induced Apoptosis and Promotes Necrotic Cell Death in Mouse Hepatocytes in Vivo and in Vitro. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:2623-36 pubmed publisher..Moreover, results from our study also raised concerns about the safety of currently ongoing clinical trials that use caspase inhibitors. ..
- Williams J, Ding W. A Mechanistic Review of Mitophagy and Its Role in Protection against Alcoholic Liver Disease. Biomolecules. 2015;5:2619-42 pubmed publisher..Targeting removal of damaged mitochondria by mitophagy or inducing formation of mitochondrial spheroids may be promising therapeutic options for treatment of ALD. ..
- Williams J, Ni H, Ding Y, Ding W. Parkin regulates mitophagy and mitochondrial function to protect against alcohol-induced liver injury and steatosis in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;309:G324-40 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings indicate that Parkin is an important mediator of protection against alcohol-induced mitochondrial damage, steatosis, and liver injury. ..
- Ding W, Yin X. Mitophagy: mechanisms, pathophysiological roles, and analysis. Biol Chem. 2012;393:547-64 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize our current knowledge on the mechanisms of mitophagy. We also discuss the pathophysiological roles of mitophagy and current assays used to monitor mitophagy. ..
- Yang X, Wang H, Ni H, Xiong A, Wang Z, Sesaki H, et al. Inhibition of Drp1 protects against senecionine-induced mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in primary hepatocytes and in mice. Redox Biol. 2017;12:264-273 pubmed publisher..Targeting Drp1-mediated mitochondrial fragmentation and apoptosis may be a potential avenue to prevent and treat hepatotoxicity induced by PAs. ..
- Du K, Ramachandran A, McGill M, Mansouri A, Asselah T, Farhood A, et al. Induction of mitochondrial biogenesis protects against acetaminophen hepatotoxicity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;108:339-350 pubmed publisher..Thus, induction of MB is an important feature during APAP hepatotoxicity and liver regeneration. ..
- Ni H, Woolbright B, Williams J, COPPLE B, Cui W, Luyendyk J, et al. Nrf2 promotes the development of fibrosis and tumorigenesis in mice with defective hepatic autophagy. J Hepatol. 2014;61:617-25 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that persistent activation of Nrf2 is critical for liver inflammation, fibrosis and eventual tumorigenesis that occur in mice with defects in hepatocyte autophagy. ..
- Ni H, Du K, You M, Ding W. Critical role of FoxO3a in alcohol-induced autophagy and hepatotoxicity. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:1815-1825 pubmed publisher..FoxO3a thus plays a critical role in ethanol-induced autophagy in mouse liver. Modulating the FoxO3a autophagy pathway may offer novel therapeutic approaches for treating alcoholic liver pathogenesis. ..
- Ding W, Guo F, Ni H, Bockus A, Manley S, Stolz D, et al. Parkin and mitofusins reciprocally regulate mitophagy and mitochondrial spheroid formation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42379-88 pubmed publisher..Mitochondrial spheroid formation and mitophagy could represent different strategies of mitochondrial homeostatic response to oxidative stress and are reciprocally regulated by mitofusins and Parkin. ..