Pamela P DiNapoli
Affiliation: University of New Hampshire
- The marginalization of chronically ill adolescentsPamela P DiNapoli
Department of Nursing, School of Health and Human Services, University of New Hampshire, 247 Hewitt Hall, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 37:565-72. 2002..For optimal health outcomes, we must begin to empower the chronically ill to meet their developmental need both within their social and medical contexts...
- Early initiation of tobacco use in adolescent girls: key sociostructural influencesPamela P DiNapoli
Department of Nursing, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Appl Nurs Res 22:126-32. 2009..Unfortunately, the decision to use tobacco compromises both the short- and long-term health status of smokers as well as the health of those around them...
- Adolescent violent behavior and ego developmentPamela Pershing DiNapoli
School of Health and Human Services, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire 03824, USA
J Adolesc Health 31:446-8. 2002..Exploratory factor analysis was used to generate summed scales used as proxy measures for the major construct components, ego development and violence. The results of this study support the hypothesis...
- The lived experiences of adolescent girls' relationship with tobaccoPamela P DiNapoli
University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire 03824, USA
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 27:19-26. 2004..This study was designed to explore the lived experiences of 14 adolescent girls who enrolled in a tobacco cessation program...
- Understanding school-age obesity: through participatory action researchPamela P DiNapoli
Department of Nursing, University of New Hampshire, Durham, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 33:104-10. 2008..This study aimed to assess current levels of overweight (obesity) and fitness among school students using objective data...
- Guns and dolls: an exploration of violent behavior in girlsPamela P DiNapoli
Department of Nursing, School of Health of and Human Services, University of New Hampshire, Durbam, NH 03824, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 26:140-8. 2003..L. Cox, Advances in Nursing Science, October 1982, 41-56) to explore the links between perceived sense of competence and both the risk and protective factors that motivate girls to act violently...
- The utility of Cox's Interaction Model to direct the assessment and prevention of adolescent aggressionPamela Pershing DiNapoli
University of New Hampshire, Durham 03824, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 18:30-5. 2003..Finally, future research implications calling for a well-designed study that integrates individual and contextual variables with the use of this theory-driven explanatory framework are proposed...