Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Randomized trial of behavioral activation, cognitive therapy, and antidepressant medication in the acute treatment of adults with major depressionSona Dimidjian
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 74:658-70. 2006..The implications of these findings for the evaluation of current treatment guidelines and dissemination are discussed...
- Extreme nonresponse in cognitive therapy: can behavioral activation succeed where cognitive therapy fails?Sandra J Coffman
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 75:531-41. 2007....
- Randomized trial of behavioral activation, cognitive therapy, and antidepressant medication in the prevention of relapse and recurrence in major depressionKeith S Dobson
Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:468-77. 2008..These findings suggest that behavioral activation may be nearly as enduring as cognitive therapy and that both psychotherapies are less expensive and longer lasting alternatives to medication in the treatment of depression...
- How would we know if psychotherapy were harmful?Sona Dimidjian
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Am Psychol 65:21-33. 2010..We also highlight the value of promoting discussion in the field about standards for defining and identifying harm...
- Newer variations of cognitive-behavioral therapy: behavioral activation and mindfulness-based cognitive therapySona Dimidjian
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado, 345 UCB Muenzinger, Office 313B, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 11:453-8. 2009..We examine current research on both approaches by addressing the robustness of findings, the extension to novel populations, and the processes by which clinical benefit is achieved...
- The origins and current status of behavioral activation treatments for depressionSona Dimidjian
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 7:1-38. 2011..We examine the diverse ways in which BA has been investigated over time and its emerging application to a broad range of populations and problems. We close with reflections on important directions for future inquiry...
- Nonpharmacologic intervention and prevention strategies for depression during pregnancy and the postpartumSona Dimidjian
Depression Center, Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 52:498-515. 2009..The evidence base suggests that efficacious nonpharmacologic options are available for women during pregnancy and postpartum; however, important research questions remain...
- Predictors of patient cognitive therapy skills and symptom change in two randomized clinical trials: the role of therapist adherence and the therapeutic allianceChristian A Webb
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 1696, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 80:373-81. 2012..The current investigation attempts to integrate and extend these findings within 2 separate samples of patients and therapists...
- Two aspects of the therapeutic alliance: differential relations with depressive symptom changeChristian A Webb
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 3815 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 1696, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:279-83. 2011..The current study explored which components of the alliance are most highly associated with depressive symptom change in cognitive therapy (CT)...
- Convergence and divergence in the delivery of cognitive therapy in two randomized clinical trialsChristian A Webb
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychology, 3720 Walnut Street, Solomon Lab Bldg, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Behav Res Ther 51:493-8. 2013..We compared therapist adherence to CT, as well as the therapeutic alliance, in two randomized clinical trials (RCTs) of depression treatment...
- Antidepressant drug effects and depression severity: a patient-level meta-analysisJay C Fournier
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 3720 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
JAMA 303:47-53. 2010....
- Couple discord and depression in couples during couple therapy and in depressed individuals during depression treatmentDavid C Atkins
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:1089-99. 2009..Neuroticism played a complex, moderating role across the 2 samples, strengthening and weakening the association between depression and relationship distress depending on the sample and gender, replicating previous findings...
- The developmental psychopathology of perinatal depression: implications for psychosocial treatment development and delivery in pregnancySherryl H Goodman
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Can J Psychiatry 57:530-6. 2012....
- Treatment preference, engagement, and clinical improvement in pharmacotherapy versus psychotherapy for depressionBethany M Kwan
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado at Boulder, UCB 345, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Behav Res Ther 48:799-804. 2010..These findings highlight the importance of addressing patient preferences, particularly in regard to patient engagement, in the treatment of MDD...
- Are exposure-based cognitive behavioral therapies safe during pregnancy?Joanna J Arch
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 15:445-57. 2012..However, we also highlight critical questions for future research to directly test the biopsychological impact of exposure-based therapies among pregnant women...
- Pregnant African American women's attitudes toward perinatal depression preventionSherryl H Goodman
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 19:50-7. 2013..The findings suggest the need to examine the role of preferences in tests of the effectiveness of approaches to the prevention of perinatal depression in order to enhance service delivery among low income African American women...
- Domestic violence assessment procedures among couple therapistsRebecca L Schacht
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Marital Fam Ther 35:47-59. 2009..DV may be under-identified by couple therapists and therapists may be using conjoint therapy with couples for whom such therapy is contraindicated because of relationship violence...
- Response styles among patients with minor depression and dysthymia in primary careKaren B Schmaling
College of Health Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, 79902, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 111:350-6. 2002..Results are discussed in terms of their implications for this theory...