James W Dilley
Affiliation: University of California
- Brief cognitive counseling with HIV testing to reduce sexual risk among men who have sex with men: results from a randomized controlled trial using paraprofessional counselorsJames W Dilley
AIDS Health Project, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:569-77. 2007..To test the efficacy and acceptability of a single-session personalized cognitive counseling (PCC) intervention delivered by paraprofessionals during HIV voluntary counseling and testing...
- Treating asymptomatic sexually transmitted diseases at anonymous HIV counseling and testing sitesJames W Dilley
AIDS Health Project, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143-0884, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:874-5. 2003
- Changing sexual behavior among gay male repeat testers for HIV: a randomized, controlled trial of a single-session interventionJames W Dilley
AIDS Health Project UCSF AHP, San Francisco, CA 94143 0884, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:177-86. 2002..High-risk sexual behavior is increasingly prevalent among men who have sex with men (MSM) and among men with a history of repeat testing for HIV...
- A randomized control trial of personalized cognitive counseling to reduce sexual risk among HIV-infected men who have sex with menSandra K Schwarcz
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Care 25:1-10. 2013....
- Efficacy of personalized cognitive counseling in men of color who have sex with men: secondary data analysis from a controlled intervention trialJames W Dilley
Department of Psychiatry and the AIDS Health Project, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS Behav 15:970-5. 2011..2 at baseline, 3.9 at six months and 2.1 at 12 months. There was a significant treatment effect overall (relative risk 0.59, 95% confidence interval 0.35-0.998). These results suggest that the intervention is effective in MOC...
- Priapism and quetiapine: a case reportGeorge Harrison
UCSF AIDS Health Project, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 39:117-9. 2006..Gay men are at high risk for amphetamine use, and as such, this potential association between priapism, quetiapine, and amphetamine use should be considered in making prescription decisions with these patients...
- Late diagnosis of HIV infection: trends, prevalence, and characteristics of persons whose HIV diagnosis occurred within 12 months of developing AIDSSandra Schwarcz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 25 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:491-4. 2006..Persons diagnosed late in the course of HIV infection may be unknowingly transmitting infection and once diagnosed may have worse outcomes and greater medical expenses...
- Thoughts, attitudes, and feelings of HIV-positive MSM associated with high transmission-risk sexMatthew D Skinta
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Health Educ Behav 39:315-23. 2012..The findings highlight unique aspects of how HIV-positive men approach decision making regarding the use of condoms, as well as how they perceive issues of responsibility for initiating safer sex practices...
- Impact of highly active antiretroviral treatment on HIV seroincidence among men who have sex with men: San FranciscoMitchell H Katz
San Francisco Department of Public Health, 101 Grove Street, Room 308, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Am J Public Health 92:388-94. 2002..This study assessed the countervailing effects on HIV incidence of highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) among San Francisco men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Priapism and quetiapine in an HIV-positive maleGeorge Harrison
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:100-1. 2006
- Sexual compulsiveness and change in unprotected anal intercourse: unexpected results from a randomized controlled HIV counseling intervention studyJames W Dilley
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:113-4. 2008
- Continuing increases in sexual risk behavior and sexually transmitted diseases among men who have sex with men: San Francisco, Calif, 1999-2001, USASanny Y Chen
Am J Public Health 92:1387-8. 2002
- The decline of incident cases of HIV-associated neurological disorders in San Francisco, 1991-2003James W Dilley
AIDS 19:634-5. 2005
- Effects of time-limited dynamic psychotherapy on distress among HIV-seropositive men who have sex with menTracy Pobuda
Pacific Graduate School of Psychology Stanford Consortium, Palo Alto, California, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 22:561-7. 2008..Future research using a randomized study design is needed to compare such benefits to those of more standard psychological interventions for this population. Strengths and limitations of the study are discussed in detail...
- Changing Behavior in Repeat HIV TestersJames Dilley; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Changing HIV Transmission Behavior in HIV-Positive MenJames Dilley; Fiscal Year: 2009..a critical need: can a theory-based counseling intervention reduce future high risk sexual behavior among HIV-positive persons? If so, this intervention could be rapidly incorporated into primary care settings and slow the spread of HIV ..