Robert S Dieter
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Cell transplantation for treatment of left-ventricular dysfunction due to ischemic heart failure: from bench to bedsideAravinda Nanjundappa
East Carolina University, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, 600 Moye Blvd, TA 378, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 5:125-31. 2007..More than 150 patients have been treated with cellular transplantation worldwide. This novel application has the potential to revolutionize alternative therapeutic approaches to management of heart failure...
- Conservative vs. invasive treatment of aortocoronary saphenous vein graft aneurysms: Treatment algorithm based upon a large seriesRobert S Dieter
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
Cardiovasc Surg 11:507-13. 2003..There are approximately 60 cases reported in the literature, the majority being single case reports. There is no consensus on the treatment of SVGA...
- Metastatic intracardiac tumour from liposarcomaWilliam W Chu
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Section, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison 53792, USA
Can J Cardiol 18:777-8. 2002
- Successful treatment of a femoral artery pseudoaneurysm mimicking a deep venous thrombosis following cardiac catheterizationGregory M Gauthier
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 57:75-8. 2002..The patient had complete resolution of the pseudoaneurysm and his symptoms following treatment with ultrasound-guided percutaneous thrombin injection...
- Acute aortic syndromes: aortic dissections, penetrating aortic ulcers and intramural aortic hematomasRobert S Dieter
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 3:423-31. 2005..A high index of clinical suspicion along with proper imaging modalities are critical in making a prompt and accurate diagnosis for immediate management and to improve survival of the patient...
- Endovascular exclusion of saphenous vein graft aneurysms complicating abdominal aortic aneurysm repair--a case reportRobert S Dieter
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 38:579-82. 2004..This case highlights both the versatility of endovascular treatments as well as the importance of a comprehensive vascular examination...
- Echocardiographic diagnosis and catheter treatment of hypotension caused by cor triatriatum dexterElizabeth A Bisinov
Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53792, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:897-8. 2003
- Transseptal stent treatment of anastomotic stricture after repair of partial anomalous pulmonary venous returnRobert S Dieter
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Endovasc Ther 10:838-42. 2003..To report the endovascular treatment of a stenosis of the pulmonary venous anastomosis following surgical treatment for partial anomalous pulmonary venous return...
- Femoral angiogram prior to arteriotomy closure device does not reduce vascular complications in patients undergoing cardiac catheterizationRavi K Ramana
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Interv Cardiol 21:204-8. 2008..To compare the efficacy of achieving hemostasis without vascular access site complications (VCs) in patients who did not undergo femoral angiogram (FA) prior to arteriotomy closure device (ACD) placement...
- Right coronary artery distribution of myocardial bridging: an unusual case presenting with ST-Elevation myocardial infarctionTrung H Nguyen
Internal Medicine Department, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:489-91. 2007..Herein, we report an unusual case of myocardial bridging with right coronary artery distribution and important clinical implications for physicians' management of similar cases in the future...
- Coronary-subclavian steal: presentation and management: two case reportsTodd Fergus
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Loyola University, Maywood, IL, USA
Angiology 58:372-5. 2007..Two cases of coronary-subclavian steal syndrome are presented, 1 treated percutaneously with angioplasty and stent, and 1 treated with a combined endovascular-surgical procedure...
- FoxHollow atherectomy as a treatment modality for common femoral artery occlusionRobert S Dieter
Division of Cardiology Vascular and Endovascular Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, Loyola University, 2160 South First Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
WMJ 106:90-1. 2007..The use of this device obviated the need for adjunctive balloon angioplasty and stenting. The patient was discharged without complications after 1 day...
- Cardiogenic shock--the role of revascularization after failed thrombolysisPranab Das
Division of Interventional Cardiology, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:224. 2007
- Invasive assessment of mitral regurgitation: comparison of hemodynamic parametersJeffrey H Freihage
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:303-12. 2007....
- Carotid artery stenting: updateRobert S Dieter
Washington Hospital Center Georgtown University, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Intervent 7:126-33. 2005..This update reviews the technical aspects of carotid artery stenting, clinical data supporting carotid artery stenting-particularly in high risk patients, and the complications associated with carotid artery stenting."..
- Endoleak: the achilles heel of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm exclusion--a case reportJohn P Pacanowski
University of Tennessee, Department of Vascular Surgery, Knoxville, Tenn, USA
WMJ 101:57-8, 63. 2002..We present a patient treated for an endoleak following EAAA repair and review the endoleak classification system and management...
- Eversion endarterectomy complicating radial artery access for left heart catheterizationRobert S Dieter
Cardiovascular Medicine Section, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 58:478-80. 2003..The patient has no long-term vascular compromise of the limb and did not require surgical intervention...
- Coronary arteriomegaly in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and multiple aneurysms--a case reportRobert S Dieter
William S Middleton Veterans Hospital, Madison, and University of Wisconsin Madison, 53705, USA
Angiology 54:733-6. 2003..Fibroblast cultures excluded Ehlers-Danlos syndrome types IV and VII. Literature review suggests this may represent a previously unidentified vascular syndrome...
- Vascular closure devices: have we caught the right FISH?Dominique Joyal
Division of Cardiology, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Invasive Cardiol 20:157-8. 2008