Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Use of a website to accomplish health behavior change: if you build it, will they come? And will it work if they do?W Perry Dickinson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:168-76. 2013..This article describes the development, implementation, and effectiveness of 2 interactive websites designed to support health behavior change around healthy eating, physical activity, smoking, and use of alcohol for primary care patients...
- Use of RE-AIM to develop a multi-media facilitation tool for the patient-centered medical homeRussell E Glasgow
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, Room 6144, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Implement Sci 6:118. 2011..The complexity of primary care can overwhelm those concerned with quality improvement...
- Comprehensiveness and continuity of care and the inseparability of mental and behavioral health from the patient-centered medical homeW Perry Dickinson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Fam Syst Health 28:348-55. 2010..A list of necessary next steps toward achieving comprehensive and integrated care is recommended...
- A patient outreach program between visits improves diabetes care: a pilot studyThomas D Denberg
Division of General Internal Medicine, B180, 12631 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 21:130-6. 2009..We evaluated this intervention in terms of operational feasibility, provider and patient acceptance and effects on process of care measures...
- Family physicians and youth tobacco-free education: outcomes of the Colorado Tar Wars programJeffrey J Cain
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
J Am Board Fam Med 19:579-89. 2006..In this study, we evaluated the effectiveness of the Tar Wars program in Colorado with both quantitative and qualitative measures...
- The case for interdepartmental research in primary careJohn F Steiner
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Acad Med 79:617-22. 2004..Such a collaboration provides the breadth of perspectives necessary to address complex health care problems, and the pragmatic infrastructure necessary to sustain research themes and careers...
- Correlates of household smoking bans in low-income families of children with and without asthmaFrederick S Wamboldt
Division of Psychosocial Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO, USA
Fam Process 47:81-94. 2008..Even in disadvantaged families, mutable factors were associated with strict smoking bans. Increased dissemination and use of established public health strategies are needed to reduce children's SHS exposures...