Affiliation: University of Washington
- The bridging function of hepatic lipase clears plasma cholesterol in LDL receptor-deficient "apoB-48-only" and "apoB-100-only" miceHELEN L DICHEK
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Lipid Res 45:551-60. 2004..Our results demonstrate that the bridging function removes apoB-48- and apoB-100-containing lipoproteins by whole particle uptake and other mechanisms...
- Divergent effects of the catalytic and bridging functions of hepatic lipase on atherosclerosisHELEN L DICHEK
Department of Pediatrics, Box 356320, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle WA 98195, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1696-702. 2004..We hypothesized that increased expression of both HL and ciHL reduces atherosclerosis in these mice...
- Attenuated corticosterone response to chronic ACTH stimulation in hepatic lipase-deficient mice: evidence for a role for hepatic lipase in adrenal physiologyHELEN L DICHEK
Dept of Pediatrics, Box 356320, Univ of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E908-15. 2006..These results demonstrate that HL deficiency, like LDLR deficiency, blunts the adrenal response to chronic ACTH stimulation and suggest a novel role for HL in adrenal physiology...
- Reduced atherosclerosis in chow-fed mice expressing high levels of a catalytically inactive human hepatic lipaseKun Qian
Department of Pediatrics, Box 356320, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Atherosclerosis 195:66-74. 2007..Also, these results demonstrate that ciHL increases LRP expression and suggest increased LRP-mediated lipoprotein clearance as a pathway for ciHL-mediated atherosclerosis reduction...
- Mice lacking hepatic lipase are lean and protected against diet-induced obesity and hepatic steatosisHarvey K Chiu
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Endocrinology 151:993-1001. 2010..Our results demonstrate that in mice, HL deficiency protects against diet-induced obesity and its hepatic sequelae. Inhibition of HL-activity may therefore have value in the prevention and/or treatment of obesity...
- TGF-[beta]1 limits plaque growth, stabilizes plaque structure, and prevents aortic dilation in apolipoprotein E-null miceAndrew D Frutkin
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 7710, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1251-7. 2009..The role of TGF-beta1 in aneurysm formation is also controversial. We tested whether overexpression of active TGF-beta1 in hyperlipidemic mice affects atherogenesis and aortic dilation...
- Level of macrophage uPA expression is an important determinant of atherosclerotic lesion growth in Apoe-/- miceRanjini Krishnan
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7710, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1737-44. 2009..However, the mechanisms through which uPA acts remain unclear. In addition, although elevated uPA expression can accelerate murine atherosclerosis, there is not yet any evidence that decreased uPA expression would retard atherosclerosis...
- Hormonal regulation of testicular steroid and cholesterol homeostasisStephen M Eacker
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:623-35. 2008..Surprisingly, accumulation of active sterol response element-binding protein 2 is not required for up-regulation of genes involved in cholesterol biosynthesis and uptake in Leydig cells...
- The Role of Hepatic Lipase in Cholesterol HomeostatisHELEN DICHEK; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..