Affiliation: University of Rochester
- A gentamicin pharmacokinetic population model and once-daily dosing algorithm for neonatesRobert Dicenzo
Department of Pharmacy, Golisano Children s Hospital at Strong, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:585-91. 2003..To develop a gentamicin pharmacokinetic population model and once-daily dosing algorithm for neonates younger than 10 days...
- Effects of minocycline and valproic acid coadministration on atazanavir plasma concentrations in human immunodeficiency virus-infected adults receiving atazanavir-ritonavirRobert Dicenzo
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3035-9. 2008..2). Minocycline coadministration resulted in decreased atazanavir exposure, and there was no evidence that the addition of valproic acid mediated this effect...
- Effects of valproic acid coadministration on plasma efavirenz and lopinavir concentrations in human immunodeficiency virus-infected adultsRobert Dicenzo
University of Rochester Medical Center, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 315, Room 1 6124, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4328-31. 2004..LPV concentrations tended to be higher when the drug was combined with VPA. Results of VPA comparisons fail to raise concern that coadministration with EFV or LPV/r will significantly influence trough concentrations of VPA...
- Effect of quercetin on the plasma and intracellular concentrations of saquinavir in healthy adultsRobert Dicenzo
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, 14642, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:1255-61. 2006..To determine if quercetin, a bioflavonoid that inhibits p-glycoprotein, alters plasma saquinavir concentrations, and to explore the potential influence on intracellular concentrations...
- Association of total bilirubin with indinavir and lopinavir plasma concentrations in HIV-infected patients receiving three different double-boosted dosing regimensRobert Dicenzo
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:393-400. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the pharmacokinetics and tolerability of three different indinavir and lopinavir/ritonavir dosing regimens...
- A randomized trial of therapeutic drug monitoring of protease inhibitors in antiretroviral-experienced, HIV-1-infected patientsLisa M Demeter
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York, USA
AIDS 23:357-68. 2009..NIQs < or = 1 may predict poor outcome and identify patients who could benefit from dose escalation...
- Quality assessment for therapeutic drug monitoring in AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG 5146): a multicenter clinical trialRobin DiFrancesco
Department of Pharmacy Practice, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Ther Drug Monit 32:458-66. 2010..The application of some of these findings may also be relevant to single-center studies or clinical TDM programs within a hospital...
- Lopinavir cerebrospinal fluid steady-state trough concentrations in HIV-infected adultsRobert Dicenzo
Wegmans School of Pharmacy, St John Fisher College, Rochester, NY 14618, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:1972-7. 2009..The central nervous system may act as a sanctuary site for viral replication in the setting of low antiretroviral penetration. Data on lopinavir cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) trough concentration (C(trough)) values have yet to be reported...
- Indinavir, efavirenz, and abacavir pharmacokinetics in human immunodeficiency virus-infected subjectsRobert Dicenzo
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1929-35. 2003..Abacavir did not influence the pharmacokinetics or exposure parameters of either indinavir or efavirenz. The levels of efavirenz exposure were similar in subjects receiving efavirenz q12h or q24h...
- Pharmacokinetic drug interactions with non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsQing Ma
University at Buffalo, Pharmacotherapy Research Center, Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 317 Hochstetter Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 1:473-85. 2005..This review provides an updated summary of pharmacokinetic interactions with NNRTIs...
- Coadministration of milk thistle and indinavir in healthy subjectsRobert Dicenzo
University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Buffalo, New York, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:866-70. 2003..To determine if milk thistle (silymarin) alters the pharmacokinetics of indinavir...
- Pharmacokinetics of indinavir and nelfinavir in treatment-naive, human immunodeficiency virus-infected subjectsRobert Dicenzo
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:918-23. 2004..5 to 5,540 ng/ml). Due to the unacceptable number of undetectable indinavir trough concentrations, 1200 mg of indinavir appears to be the preferred dose in a twice-daily regimen that includes nelfinavir...
- Antiretroviral therapy : pharmacokinetic considerations in patients with renal or hepatic impairmentSarah M McCabe
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacotherapy Research Center, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:153-72. 2008..This review summarizes the current knowledge of the use of antiretrovirals in patients with hepatic or renal impairment, and makes dosing recommendations for this subpopulation of HIV-infected patients...
- A randomized study of the bioavailability of different formulations of coenzyme Q(10) (ubiquinone)Radu Constantinescu
Department of Neurology, Clinical Trials Coordination Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:1580-6. 2007
- Population pharmacokinetics of delavirdine and N-delavirdine in HIV-infected individualsPatrick F Smith
Pharmacology Support Laboratory, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, 219 Cooke Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:99-109. 2005..Our objective was to characterise the population pharmacokinetics of delavirdine in HIV-infected patients who participated in the adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) 260 and 261 studies...
- The design and implementation of A5146, a prospective trial assessing the utility of therapeutic drug monitoring using an inhibitory quotient in antiretroviral-experienced HIV-infected patientsLisa M Demeter
Infectious Diseases Division, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
HIV Clin Trials 9:61-72. 2008....
- Observational trial of a 48-hour gentamicin dosing regimen derived from Monte Carlo simulations in infants born at less than 28 weeks' gestationErik S Thingvoll
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Pediatr 153:530-4. 2008..To develop and validate a 48-hour gentamicin dosing regimen for infants born at <28 weeks' gestation...
- Drug interactions with antiretroviralsLinda M Catanzaro
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Amherst, NY 14260, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 1:89-96. 2004..This review provides an updated summary of key drug interactions that have been reported since its initial publication...
- Quercetin pharmacokinetics in humansYoung J Moon
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Amherst, NY 14260, USA
Biopharm Drug Dispos 29:205-17. 2008..Population pharmacokinetic models adapted for enterohepatic recirculation allowed an assessment of the magnitude and frequency of the enterohepatic recirculation process...
- Comparison of misoprostol plasma concentrations following buccal and sublingual administrationEric A Schaff
Reproductive Health Program, Department of Family Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Contraception 71:22-5. 2005..Various routes of misoprostol administration under study include oral, vaginal, buccal, sublingual and rectal...
- Simultaneous analysis of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin and doxorubicinol by liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometryRobin DiFrancesco
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University at Buffalo, 311 Hochstetter Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 852:545-53. 2007..1 by 30 mm (Milford, MA) column. Detection was achieved in positive mixed reaction monitoring mode on a triple quadrupole mass spectrometer...
- Determination of lopinavir cerebral spinal fluid and plasma ultrafiltrate concentrations by liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometryRobin DiFrancesco
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University at Buffalo, NY 14260, United States
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:1139-46. 2007..The method successfully measured LPV concentrations in CSF that were previously undetectable by HPLC as well as UF from protein binding studies...