Maria E Diaz-Gonzalez de Ferris
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Adolescents and emerging adults with chronic kidney disease: their unique morbidities and adherence issuesMaria E Diaz-Gonzalez de Ferris
UNC Kidney Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Blood Purif 31:203-8. 2011..The medical and psychosocial characteristics of these patients are discussed, and possible strategies for their care suggested...
- A clinical tool to measure the components of health-care transition from pediatric care to adult care: the UNC TR(x)ANSITION scaleMaria E Ferris
UNC Kidney Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ren Fail 34:744-53. 2012..To describe the development of the University of North Carolina (UNC) TR(x)ANSITION Scale that measures the health-care transition and self-management skills by youth with chronic health conditions...
- Pediatric chronic kidney disease and the process of health care transitionMaria E Ferris
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, UNC Kidney Center at the University of North Carolina, 7021 Burnett Womack, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7155, USA
Semin Nephrol 29:435-44. 2009..Tools to measure and diagnose the process of transition and acquisition of disease self-management skills are introduced. An evidence-based transition process requires planning and education, in addition to effective coordination...
- Pediatric chronic kidney disease in North CarolinaMaria Ferris
University of North Carolina Kidney Center, USA
N C Med J 69:208-14. 2008
- Trends in treatment and outcomes of survival of adolescents initiating end-stage renal disease care in the United States of AmericaMaria E Ferris
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of NC Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:1020-6. 2006..The 80% 10-year survival rate for adolescent-onset ESRD is very good when compared with adult-onset ESRD. However, this represents a 30-fold increase in mortality compared to the general US adolescent population...
- Memory and executive functions in pediatric chronic kidney diseaseDebbie S Gipson
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7155, USA
Child Neuropsychol 12:391-405. 2006..While pervasive dysfunction was not apparent in the children with CKD, they clearly appeared to be at risk for lower IQ as well as inefficiencies in key neurocognitive domains...
- Differential risk of remission and ESRD in childhood FSGSDebbie S Gipson
UNC Kidney Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:344-9. 2006..10, 95% CI 0.01-0.79, p =0.03). In summary, proteinuria remission status is a valid predictor of long-term renal survival in children with FSGS...
- The differential effect of race among pediatric kidney transplant recipients with focal segmental glomerulosclerosisKui Huang
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7155, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 43:1082-90. 2004..Children of nonblack races with FSGS have a worse allograft survival rate compared with other causes of ESRD. Within nonblack children with FSGS, living donor transplants convey a better allograft survival than cadaveric transplants...
- Renal transplantation in children with lupus nephritisDebbie S Gipson
Divisions of Nephrology and Hypertension and Rheumatology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:455-63. 2003..This study was conducted to determine renal allograft and patient survival for children with lupus nephritis compared with pediatric allograft recipients with other causes of end-stage renal disease...
- A measure of success in kidney transplantationsDebbie S Gipson
Pediatr Transplant 8:104-5. 2004