CATHERINE A DIAMOND
Affiliation: University of California
- Comparison of assays to detect cytomegalovirus shedding in the semen of HIV-infected menC Diamond
University of Washington School of Public Health, Seattle, WA, USA
J Virol Methods 90:185-91. 2000..28, CI: 2.30-7.95). CMV shedding was associated with decreased CD4+ cell counts in peripheral blood (P=0.05). It is concluded that the PCR assay provided the greatest sensitivity among the three detection methods...
- How valid is using cancer registries' data to identify acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?Catherine Diamond
Department of Medicine, UCI Medical Center, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Cancer Causes Control 18:135-42. 2007..We sought to determine the accuracy of cancer registry data regarding the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) status of patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Presentation and outcomes of systemic non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a comparison between patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy and patients without AIDSCatherine Diamond
Department of Medicine, University of California Irvine, 101 The City Drive, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 47:1822-9. 2006....
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy is associated with improved survival among patients with AIDS-related primary central nervous system non-Hodgkin's lymphomaCatherine Diamond
University of California, Irvine, Department of Medicine, USA
Curr HIV Res 4:375-8. 2006..HAART, radiation therapy, and better performance status were associated with improved survival. We conclude that HAART prolongs survival in AIDS-related CNS NHL...
- Improved survival and chemotherapy response among patients with AIDS-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyCatherine Diamond
University of California, Irvine Department of Medicine, CA, USA
Hematol Oncol 24:139-45. 2006..We conclude that HAART should be initiated or continued after NHL diagnosis, including during the period of chemotherapy administration...
- Changes in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related non-Hodgkin lymphoma in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: incidence, presentation, treatment, and survivalCatherine Diamond
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92868, USA
Cancer 106:128-35. 2006..The authors sought to determine whether the availability of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) coincided with changes in the epidemiology of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)-related non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Use of and adherence to antiretroviral therapy is associated with decreased sexual risk behavior in HIV clinic patientsCatherine Diamond
University of California Irvine Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Orange, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:211-8. 2005..6 (95% CI 0.5-0.8, P < 0.001). Contrary to expectations, use of and adherence to ART and their consequent suppression of HIV were associated with a decreased prevalence of self-reported risky sexual behavior...
- Increased incidence of squamous cell anal cancer among men with AIDS in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyCatherine Diamond
Department of Medicine, Epidemiology Division, University of California Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:314-20. 2005..We sought to determine if the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) corresponded with changes in anal squamous cell cancer rates among men with AIDS...
- Viral hepatitis among young men who have sex with men: prevalence of infection, risk behaviors, and vaccinationCatherine Diamond
University of California Irvine Medical Center, 101 City Drive South, Building 11, Route 81, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:425-32. 2003..Men who have sex with men (MSM) are at risk for acquiring hepatitis A virus (HAV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- HIV-infected American Indians/Alaska natives in the Western United StatesC Diamond
Seattle King County Department of Public Health and University of Washington School of Public Health, Seattle, Washington, USA
Ethn Dis 11:633-44. 2001..We sought to describe HIV-infected American Indians/Alaska Natives (AI/ AN) in the western United States...
- Seroepidemiology of human herpesvirus 8 among young men who have sex with menC Diamond
Irvine Medical Center, University of California, Orange, USA
Sex Transm Dis 28:176-83. 2001..The modes of transmission of human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8) remain unclear...
- Quality of life, characteristics and survival of patients with HIV and lymphomaCatherine Diamond
Department of Epidemiology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 7555, USA
Qual Life Res 19:149-55. 2010..We sought to compare the quality of life (QOL), characteristics, and survival of patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) with and without human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Characteristics and survival of patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma with and without acquired immunodeficiency syndromeCatherine Diamond
Department of Medicine, Epidemiology Division, University of California, Irvine 92679, USA
Hematol Oncol 20:177-87. 2002..001). Although these patients with AIDS-related NHL were unlikely to survive, the highly active antiretroviral agents currently used may improve outcomes in future patients...
- A randomized controlled trial of therapeutic drug monitoring in treatment-naive and -experienced HIV-1-infected patientsBrookie M Best
University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92013, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:433-42. 2007..To improve the utility of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) by defining the proportion of patients with and predictors of above or below target protease inhibitor (PI) or nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) concentrations...
- A computer-based system to aid in the interpretation of plasma concentrations of antiretrovirals for therapeutic drug monitoringMiguel Goicoechea
University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Antivir Ther 12:55-62. 2007..To develop a computer-based system for modelling and interpreting plasma antiretroviral concentrations for therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)...
- Greater tenofovir-associated renal function decline with protease inhibitor-based versus nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-based therapyMiguel Goicoechea
Antiviral Research Center, University of California, San Diego, 150 W Washington St, Ste 100, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Infect Dis 197:102-8. 2008....
- Treatment and Outcome of AIDS-related LymphomaCatherine Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lastly, we will determine how the use of HAART influences the IPI and develop a prognostic model that incorporates HIV-related factors, tumor characteristics, HAART, and chemotherapy. ..