Affiliation: University of California
- Telemedicine consultations and medication errors in rural emergency departmentsMadan Dharmar
MBBS, Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis Children s Hospital, 4610 X St, Suite 2310, Sacramento, CA 95817
Pediatrics 132:1090-7. 2013....
- The financial impact of a pediatric telemedicine program: a children's hospital's perspectiveMadan Dharmar
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis Children s Hospital, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Telemed J E Health 19:502-8. 2013..We compared the number of transfers, average hospital revenue, and average professional billing revenue before and after the deployment of telemedicine...
- Impact of critical care telemedicine consultations on children in rural emergency departmentsMadan Dharmar
1Department of Pediatrics, UC Davis, Sacramento, CA 2Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, UC Davis, Sacramento, CA 3Department of Internal Medicine, UC Davis, Sacramento, CA 4Department of Emergency Medicine, UC Davis, Sacramento, CA 5Department of Family Practice and Community Medicine, UC Davis, Sacramento, CA 6Department of Surgery, University of Utah, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 7Department of Public Health Sciences, UC Davis, Sacramento, CA
Crit Care Med 41:2388-95. 2013..To compare the quality of care delivered to critically ill and injured children receiving telemedicine, telephone, or no consultation in rural emergency departments...
- Comparison of critically ill and injured children transferred from referring hospitals versus in-house admissionsChristopher J Gregory
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis Children s Hospital, USA
Pediatrics 121:e906-11. 2008..The purpose of this work was to compare the outcomes, severity of illness, and resource use of patients transferred to PICUs from outside hospitals to patients admitted from within the same hospital...
- Quality of care of children in the emergency department: association with hospital setting and physician trainingMadan Dharmar
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Pediatr 153:783-9. 2008..To investigate differences in the quality of emergency care for children related to differences in hospital setting, physician training, and demographic factors...
- Videoconferencing to reduce stress among hospitalized childrenNikki H Yang
Department of Pediatrics, andCenter for Health and Technology, University of California Davis Health System, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California and
Pediatrics 134:e169-75. 2014..We evaluated the association of Family-Link use on the reduction in stress experienced by children during hospitalization...
- Impact of public reporting of coronary artery bypass graft surgery performance data on market share, mortality, and patient selectionPatrick S Romano
Center for Healthcare Policy and Research, UC Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, USA
Med Care 49:1118-25. 2011..The impact of publicly reporting risk-adjusted outcomes for hospitals and surgeons remains controversial, with particular concern about unintended consequences...
- Telehealth at UC Davis--a 20-year experienceThomas S Nesbitt
Center for Health and Technology, University of California Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Telemed J E Health 19:357-62. 2013..Looking toward the future, UC Davis is focused on technology-enabled healthcare and supporting synergy among electronic health records, health information exchange, mobile health, informatics, and telehealth...
- Medication errors among acutely ill and injured children treated in rural emergency departmentsJames P Marcin
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:361-7, 367.e1-2. 2007..We identify the incidence, nature, and consequences of medication errors among acutely ill and injured children receiving care in a sample of rural emergency departments (EDs)...
- Connecting hospitalized patients with their families: case series and commentaryKourosh Parsapour
Department of Pediatrics, Miller Children s Hospital, Long Beach, CA 90806, USA
Int J Telemed Appl 2011:804254. 2011....
- Association between Down syndrome and in-hospital death among children undergoing surgery for congenital heart disease: a US population-based studyJacqueline M Evans
From the Department of Pediatrics J M E, M D, J P M, School of Medicine E M, and Department of Surgery G W R, University of California Davis Children s Hospital, Sacramento
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 7:445-52. 2014..We sought to identify differences in in-hospital mortality after cardiac surgery in pediatric patients with and without DS using a large national database...